8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Bauer T40

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bauer T40
Tassos Laudas
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 05, 2015 03:55 PM      Profile for Tassos Laudas   Email Tassos Laudas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A friend of mine found a forgotten Bauer T40 which i now own. I spent much time to make it work. What still remains to fix is the fact, that when in reverse mode the film rattles and the picture becomes very unstable. Rotating the framer changes this a little. In addition in order to load the film one has to set the framer in the upmost clockwise position. If not the projector may miss loading and the film inside the gate becomes a mess. When properly loaded on the other hand the projector gives a suprisingly stable picture which is also bright and a delight to watch.
I would consider this projector superior to my T40 and T50 (the T510 is still in Greece so i can't compare), it gives indeed this cinema feeling. That's why i am desperately trying to fix it.
Can it be a worn filmgate? Any ideas? I would really appreciate!

|  IP: Logged

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted August 05, 2015 04:08 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Tassos, on these the shaft endfloat and therefore claw depth settings are critical. Yours needs adjusting as does your framer central position setting.

The first sign of when the claw penetration is incorrect on these is when they will not play correctly in reverse.

The shaft will always attempt to move to the rear of the projector on these machines while there is no restraint on the shaft from doing so when placed in reverse.

This, in turn, will undoubtedly lead to problems in reverse projection jitter.

I recently acquired another T610 that is virtually "as new" but it did come to me with faults, this was one of them.

On mine it was a simple remedy, the locking collar that sets the endfloat to no more the 0.1mm as per factory settings had worked loose. I set it to 0.1mm with feeler guages then exchanged the crappy soft metal grub screw for a decent one so it couldn't work loose again, then the machine projected perfectly in forward and reverse.

Inside the machine at the pivot end of the claw arm, there is an eccentric adjusting mechanism for adjusting the framing position. On the 610 the transformer has to be partially moved out of position while carrying out this work to gain the correct access.

[ August 05, 2015, 06:43 PM: Message edited by: Andrew Woodcock ]

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Tassos Laudas
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 05, 2015 05:15 PM      Profile for Tassos Laudas   Email Tassos Laudas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Andrew you are the kind one, many thanks! I succeeded in repairing the claw problem. A screw needed to be readjusted! A great forum this is!

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted August 05, 2015 05:17 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
[Wink] [Wink] [Razz]

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC