8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Bauer 610 sound problem

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bauer 610 sound problem
Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 08, 2015 04:12 PM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
After reading about Tom's new toy I decided to dig out my Bauer as I've not used it for a while, plugged it all in and discovered it had no sound, took the back off and saw a blown fuse on the main board on the left, put a new fuse in but it blew that too, any ideas, Mark

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

|  IP: Logged

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted August 08, 2015 04:17 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
You have a short circuit overload on the board somewhere there Mark by the sounds of things. Impossible to guess without doing some tests but Edwin does sell a most frequently changed electronics kit of parts for these if you want to give that a go first?

You say 'board on the left" ? Is that looking at the pj from the rear with the rear cover removed?

Can you post a photo on here of the board you are referring to please?

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted August 09, 2015 04:42 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Any update Mark?

--------------------

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted August 12, 2015 09:35 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
[Confused]

--------------------

Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 12, 2015 10:13 AM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Andrew, sorry not had chance to take another look, as soon as I do I'll let you know, regards Mark

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted August 21, 2015 06:06 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
How did you get on with this Mark?

--------------------

Mike Shaw
Junior

- posted August 21, 2015 06:41 PM      Profile for Mike Shaw   Email Mike Shaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mark,I had the same trouble with my Bauer 610T,my technician fixed it in a flash....Problem 'Capacitor'will ask him which one...stay tuned will report back.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted August 21, 2015 06:57 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
I did suggest to Mark at the time that Edwin sells an electronics pack (mainly capacitors for amp and other boards ) that solves most of the frequent electronic issues on these.

Heres hoping your suggestion works Mike! [Wink]

--------------------

Mike Shaw
Junior

- posted August 21, 2015 09:37 PM      Profile for Mike Shaw   Email Mike Shaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mark...Here's the reply I got from my technician.....I cannot remember the value but it is either of the 2 large ones on the back corner of the board (near the fuse ?).

They probably were either 1000uf or 2200uf.

Narendra Singh
Film Handler

- posted August 22, 2015 10:13 AM      Profile for Narendra Singh   Email Narendra Singh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Irrespective of their condition, it is advisable that both the filter (power) capacitors be changed. These are electrolyte capacitors and if they are not put intermittently on a charging/discharging cycle, the electrolyte dries and invariably shorts the capacitor. This is more so when a machine is left idle for a prolonged period of time.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC