8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » PICS added Loose framer on Cinekon.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: PICS added Loose framer on Cinekon.
Clinton Hunt
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 15, 2015 07:00 PM      Profile for Clinton Hunt   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all,
Hopefully someone can help fix this problem on my standard/super 8 silent film projector - Cinekon Instduo - as it is running well except for the framer,I adjust the framer to show no top or bottom and then rather quickly I see it is falling down and showing the bottom half of the frame on the top.
I realise it is the vibrations of the projector running that is doing it but is there a way of tighting it?
I bought it recently for not a lot of money but hopefully it is not for the rubbish dump!

Any thoughts out there in the forum world? [Confused] [Smile]

Cheers from New Zealand [Smile]

--------------------
Cheers from me in New Zealand :-)

|  IP: Logged

Clinton Hunt
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 21, 2015 10:31 PM      Profile for Clinton Hunt   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Any ideas for this projector or a "general" idea would also be great all [Smile]

--------------------

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted August 21, 2015 11:49 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not familiar with that projector, but have you opened the back to look at the framer mechanism? You might see something loose or out of alignment.

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Clinton Hunt
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 22, 2015 02:08 AM      Profile for Clinton Hunt   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Janice, I will look and see [Smile]

--------------------

Clinton Hunt
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 23, 2015 11:16 PM      Profile for Clinton Hunt   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Janice,
I've added some pics.

I hope this won't be beyond me!
This is the projector:

-

when I turn the framer knob it adjust the workings inside (obviously!).

This is the plate that moves:

-

The top shows the screw that the plate moves along as the framer knob is rotated:

-

Then the vibrations make it slowly move along the screw.

Does this make sense? [Confused]

--------------------

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted August 24, 2015 12:07 AM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The framers on these low end projectors are somewhat fragile in design. It's difficult to troubleshoot your problem from still photos. Without seeing the movement it's difficult to advise you. You have a much better view of the issue. You say the vibration is moving the framer out of position...then something isn't tight enough to secure it. Since the knob is on the front you may have to look at that also. Is the knob loose or perhaps broken so it doesn't turn? Is the screw on the back moving the framer framer plate? On the front is the framer mask in the gate damaged in some way that it won't stay in position? These are just things you'll have to check. Keep looking... [Smile]

[ August 24, 2015, 11:50 AM: Message edited by: Janice Glesser ]

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

frank arnstein
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 28, 2015 04:56 AM      Profile for frank arnstein   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Clinton

I notice in your pic 3, the motor pulley and the shutter shaft pulley are way out of alignment. That gap could be enough to set up a vibration that could be causing your problem with the framer moving.

Try sliding the motor pulley further out. It may help.

dogtor frankarnstein [Wink]

Roy Neil
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 29, 2015 01:49 AM      Profile for Roy Neil   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds to me like a tension issue. From the looks of the mechanism, there should be some means to adjust the friction/resistance when you rotate the framing knob. If this is too easy to turn then vibration will allow gravity to do its thing. I would look at how the mechanism is put together, chances are there is one bolt/nut you could tighten to increase the force required to rotate the framing knob. Hope you get it solved.

Clinton Hunt
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 29, 2015 05:44 AM      Profile for Clinton Hunt   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks everyone for the new ideas, I will look at these things when I go to work as I have left it there at the dvd/blu-ray rental store I own with my partner,yes we still have them in New Zealand :-)

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC