8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Sankyo 700 take up reel problem

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sankyo 700 take up reel problem
Tony Mazzucco
Junior

- posted August 27, 2015 09:02 PM      Profile for Tony Mazzucco   Email Tony Mazzucco   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi my sankyo 700 take up reel works in reverse but not forward.
On the reel there is a cam/lever set up, the cam engages in reverse but not forward.
Dont know if this cam is worn?
I have included a picture of reverse direction showing the cam engaged.
If someone has a similar machine and could look at how it operates it would be helpful.
Thanks
Tony
 -

|  IP: Logged

Maurizio Di Cintio
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 28, 2015 01:26 AM      Profile for Maurizio Di Cintio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi. The lever should not be an issue: in FWD mode, it enages so motion is transmitted to the gear chain inside the arm and ultimately, to the spindle. In reverse the lever simply disengages (indeed it's hard to say "it works OK in reverse" as it's got nthing to do being simply idle). But based on your picture, I have the impression the drive belt isn't sitting properly on its conveyor pulley just left of the arm. Perhaps this might be the culprit...? [Confused]
Or maybe the belt itself has stretched and won't grip on its pulley any more.

--------------------
Maurizio

frank arnstein
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 28, 2015 04:36 AM      Profile for frank arnstein   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Tony,,

If the top belt is going in the wrong direction then this will produce the symptoms you describe.

Check that the top belt hasn't been fitted the wrong way. It may need flipping around the drive pulley so the belt goes in the opposite direction, forward and reverse.

Try that and see what happens.

dogtor frankarnstein. [Wink] [Smile]

Tony Mazzucco
Junior

- posted August 28, 2015 07:25 AM      Profile for Tony Mazzucco   Email Tony Mazzucco   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks to both the your replies, the problem was that the belt was improperly installed forcing the take up reel to spin in the wrong direction, reinstalled it an it works properly, clutch engages in forward and disengages in reverse.

Regards
Tony

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted August 28, 2015 03:19 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
G'job Maurizio!

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Tony Mazzucco
Junior

- posted August 29, 2015 02:55 PM      Profile for Tony Mazzucco   Email Tony Mazzucco   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, I will be checking it out further with film to make sure it is running properly.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC