8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Filmmaking Fellowship and Film

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Filmmaking Fellowship and Film
Ernie Zahn
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 06, 2015 02:32 PM      Profile for Ernie Zahn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello all. It's been a very long time since I've posted.

Things have been very hectic on my end. I was accepted to a fellowship with an organization called Filmmakers Without Borders and I've just settled in to my new home on the Navajo reservation in New Mexico. I'll be here for a year teaching filmmaking at a school called [URL=https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CB8QFjAAahUKEwjFzb2LkOPHAhXBK4gKHcY3CLI&url=http%3A%2F%2Ftgh.gmcs.k12.nm.us%2F&usg=AFQjCNGu iSx0G2i6OqmdEgbJ2-ILa6LpbQ&sig2=BoEuhRmsCdeC_929fu8PKw&bvm=bv.102022582,d.cGU]Tse'Yi'Gai[/URL].

Additionally I'll be tasked with producing several short subject films and a feature film. I'm hoping that at least one of my projects will be shot on motion picture film if I can get the budget together.

The curriculum for teaching is all about digital filmmaking but I've tweaked it a bit to include motion picture film. We just had a unit on the history of 35mm, optical soundtracks, and aspect ratio.

I was able to cut down a release print of a 35mm trailer so students could actually hold the film in their hands and see what it's like. I have a bunch of S8 cameras so I'm hoping to get the budget together so they can film on Super 8 for one of their assignments. It'll be really exciting to see students born after the year 2000 learn and know how to work with film.

Just wanted to drop a line here. Hope everyone is doing well! Wish I could go to Cinesea this year! I'll share a link once videos start getting posted!

--------------------
Check out the trailer for my feature length Spaghetti-style Western:

Six and Bisti

|  IP: Logged

Douglas Meltzer

- posted September 06, 2015 04:55 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ernie,

That sounds amazing. Congratulations!
We'll miss you at CineSea.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC