8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Sankyo 2000H

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sankyo 2000H
James Wilson
Expert Film Handler

- posted September 29, 2015 12:07 PM      Profile for James Wilson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi All,

still frame does`nt engage, the knob does`nt turn all the way to the left. Any help would be much appreciated.
Many Thanks.
James.

--------------------
James Wilson

|  IP: Logged

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted September 30, 2015 12:32 AM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pull off the front cover and have a look at the switch. The switch is mechanical... primarily a soft molded plastic. It may be cracked or broken. Check to see if something is jamming it. The switch when put in the Still position raises the heat shield screen. The screen mechanism may be jammed... bent or broken as well preventing the switch turning.

Here are some pics of the switch and the heat shield.
 -

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

James Wilson
Expert Film Handler

- posted September 30, 2015 09:00 AM      Profile for James Wilson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Janice,
Thank you for coming to the rescue.

It looks like the heat shield is stuck in the on position!
Can`t find anything cracked or broken.

Update: I can close the heat shield by pushing it down with my finger nail, but the mechanism still does`nt work.
any ideas.
Regards,
James.

--------------------
James Wilson

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted September 30, 2015 02:29 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi James...I kind of gave you a troubleshooting tip when I said the switch (the outer switch) was "mechanical" . This means it operates by pushing a linkage assembly. If the switch is not working properly then there is a good chance something in the linkage chain is the issue. At this point you just need to look further. Remove the 2 screws on the back of the projector and remove the back cover to get a good look at how the linkage works. You are saying that the outer switch knob just doesn't go into the "Still" position...Does it go into the "Normal" and "Slow-M" positions ok? Is the knob seated in the proper position? Turn the switch and observe on the back the movement of the linkage and see if you can spot the issue turning it "left" to the "Still" position...then to the other positions.

Here is the linkage path. Observe how it's moving to see if you can see a problem.

-

[ September 30, 2015, 06:05 PM: Message edited by: Janice Glesser ]

--------------------
Janice

James Wilson
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 01, 2015 06:13 AM      Profile for James Wilson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Janice,

Checking the linkage was the first thing I did, I have now removed the glass as you described in your removing or cleaning the heat sink glass instructions, the linkage is hard to see even now with all the bits removed, so I think the only answer is to remove the heat shield. Please could you advise me on how to go about this
Regards,
James.

[ October 01, 2015, 01:00 PM: Message edited by: James Wilson ]

--------------------
James Wilson

James Wilson
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 02, 2015 09:43 AM      Profile for James Wilson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Janice,

I decided not to remove the heat shield, I`ve cleaned the glass, the heat, shield, although the heat shield is permanently engaged the is very little difference in picture quality in fact I can`t see any difference at all, what a fiddly job I won`t do that again in a hurry.
Regards,
James.

--------------------
James Wilson

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted October 02, 2015 07:39 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a little confused as to what you did to clean the heat shield glass? If you removed all the casing to get to the glass you should have gotten a good look at what was interfering with the heat shield screen. Also did you try a few drops of oil to the section of the linkage pushing and releasing the screen? Could be some corrosion or old dried grease.

I find it hard to see where leaving the heat shield screen in the up position would not drastically effect the brightness in normal projection. If it were my machine I would continue trying to find the source of the problem. The Sankyo 2000H is too good of a projector to settle for minimal brightness of picture. There has to be a disconnect or jamming of motion in the linkage. Of course if it's a disconnect this would take some dis-assembly to repair, which is something I have not done.

[ October 03, 2015, 11:10 AM: Message edited by: Janice Glesser ]

--------------------
Janice

James Wilson
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 03, 2015 06:20 AM      Profile for James Wilson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Janice,

This is the projector I paid £5 for off of ebay and supposed never to have been used Ha Ha I fell for that one. So to be perfectly honest I can use it for spares, but it runs well. I have another 2000h I can use.
ps.It must be a spring that pulls the protector back up, but I can`t see it.

Thanks for all your help,
Kind Regards,
James.

[ October 03, 2015, 10:31 AM: Message edited by: James Wilson ]

--------------------
James Wilson

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC