8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » 8mm Image

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 8mm Image
Don Elsass
Junior

- posted September 30, 2015 08:00 AM      Profile for Don Elsass   Email Don Elsass   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What causes the dark areas around the periphery of this image? Is it the film or the lens?
 -

|  IP: Logged

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted September 30, 2015 08:16 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Don,

That looks like gate crud. It's often hairs and dust, and in this case I'm guessing it's film emulsion that has accumulated.

If you get in there and clean it out I think you'll see a big improvement. While you are at it, you should clean similar stuff wherever else in the film path you find it. Your films will stay a lot nicer if you do.

A nice, gentle thing to use is an artist's paint brush.

(Either ask the artist or grab it while he's not looking!)

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Don Elsass
Junior

- posted September 30, 2015 06:21 PM      Profile for Don Elsass   Email Don Elsass   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did as you suggested and greatly improved. Thanks!

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC