8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What is this vampire trailer compilation?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What is this vampire trailer compilation?
Marshall Crist
Master Film Handler

- posted October 21, 2015 09:08 PM      Profile for Marshall Crist   Email Marshall Crist   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Recently won a Super 8 "vampire trailer compilation" and am awaiting delivery. Does this sound familiar to anyone? Supposedly 800' and contains The Vampire Lovers, Countess Dracula, Lust For A Vampire, Count Yorga Vampire, Return Of Count Yorga, Deathmaster and others. Does it ring a bell with anyone? Wondering if these were sold individually, as a single reel, or maybe it was two 400' reels spliced together? Company also unknown.

|  IP: Logged

Timothy Ramzyk
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 22, 2015 02:00 AM      Profile for Timothy Ramzyk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had two mystery trailer reels such as that. One was 400' reel of Vincent Price trailers that had DR PHIBES, DR. PHIBES RISES AGAIN, THEATER OF BLOOD, SCREAM AND SCREAM AGAIN, CONQUEROR WORM, OBLONG BOX, CRY OF THE BANSHEE, & MADHOUSE. I also had a "splatter" 400ft. reel that had A STRANGER IS WATCHING, THE BEAST WITHIN, MOTEL HELL, DEAD AND BURIED, PROM NIGHT, MIND WARP, HUMANOIDS FROM THE DEEP, & SCANNERS on it. I always assumed they were kind of one-off flukes.

I know Thunderbird films offered tons of 200ft. trailer reels. Maybe it's a few 200' spliced together?

Gary Crawford
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 22, 2015 06:54 AM      Profile for Gary Crawford     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
my vampire preview 400 ft. reel was bought in the 70's and was printed as a 400 ft reel ..it had the first group of titles you mentioned, along with Captain Kronos. Very good and sometimes amusing reel with color that has held up fairly well.

Douglas Meltzer

- posted October 22, 2015 09:30 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Vincent Price trailer reel is from our own Larry Arpin. I wonder if your vampire trailer compilation is also one of Larry's releases?

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted October 22, 2015 10:09 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The 'Vampire Trailer Reel' was an LA Films release and notable for being the fullest/longest 400' release I've ever come across. I think the running time was around 21 mins. Your buy definitely includes that reel, but it will be interesting to see what has been added to it. Another LA release with some vampire trailers was their 400' Christopher Lee trailer reel.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Larry Arpin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 22, 2015 10:56 PM      Profile for Larry Arpin   Author's Homepage   Email Larry Arpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I honestly don't remember doing the Vincent Price or Vampire trailer reels but I could be wrong. The 'splatter' reel is definitely mine. I called it Blood & Guts trailers. It must have sold well as I did a second reel of trailers. One thing you can tell is the leader. Here's a link to the leader:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkWSpZgHWxw

Don't know why it's so jerky. Not that way on the reel. I also printed them on low fade stock so if it is faded it's not mine.

Marshall Crist
Master Film Handler

- posted October 27, 2015 08:59 PM      Profile for Marshall Crist   Email Marshall Crist   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It does seem to be the LONG vampire reel (had to put it on a 600' reel) and the Christopher Lee reel spliced together. Also has a DRACULA A.D. 1972 featurette that felt like it was spliced on at the end. Faded, but great fun.

[ October 27, 2015, 11:24 PM: Message edited by: Marshall Crist ]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC