8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Generic Anamorphic lens holder

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Generic Anamorphic lens holder
Edwin van Eck
Master Film Handler

- posted November 04, 2015 07:47 AM      Profile for Edwin van Eck   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi All,

We have make several holders for anamorphic lenses lately. There are some projectors for which this is not easy.
Also why should you invest in an extension for each projector, as there is also a solution with a generic holder.

Using the latest 3D printing techniques we have developed the following one:

-

-

Some benefits:
- height can be adjusted
- adjustable for different lens sizes
- angle of lens can be adjusted
- position of the three feet can be adjusted
- suiteable for almost all projectors and lensen
- does not scratch the lens

We have tested this one for several projectors and it looks very good. We want to bring this to the market in a couple of weeks.

If you have remarks or points we should change, or if you have interest in this product, please let me know!

--------------------
Edwin van Eck
Van Eck Video Services

|  IP: Logged

Kevin Clark
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 04, 2015 04:03 PM      Profile for Kevin Clark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Edwin

This looks like an excellent solution as I use a number of different 'scope lenses on different projectors - your multi lens support may also mean I will at last be able to use a large Isco lens which has a near 70mm rear barrel diameter and overall 180mm length. Would your stand be too lightweight for this lens though or is the base counter weighted? The lens weighs 1.4kg !

Kevin

Jason Gronn
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 04, 2015 04:22 PM      Profile for Jason Gronn   Email Jason Gronn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great idea Edwin,

I would purchase one of these when they become available.

Larry Arpin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 04, 2015 10:55 PM      Profile for Larry Arpin   Author's Homepage   Email Larry Arpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just wondering how tall the post is from the base to the top. My 16mm projector lens is about 7 1/2" from table to middle of lens. What will be the price?

Jason Smith
Master Film Handler

- posted November 05, 2015 12:13 AM      Profile for Jason Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I`d also be interested in purchasing one. Let us know when it`s offered for sell.

Edwin van Eck
Master Film Handler

- posted November 06, 2015 07:54 AM      Profile for Edwin van Eck   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all,

Thanks for the feedback! We will finalise this product soon and bring it to the market. Price is not set yet. We are currently optimizing our production process to keep the price as low as possible.

We have been testing the stand with some lenses now and done some more research. E.g.:
http://super8wiki.com/index.php/Anamorphic_Lenses

The current prototype model works for lensen up to 60mm diamater on the back side. We tested it with a lens of 2 kg and it works fine.

We will make 2 changes:
- make the max allowed lens diameter 80mm. This should work for > 95% of the anamorphic lenses
- make the stands even bigger, so that is even more stable.

--------------------
Edwin van Eck
Van Eck Video Services

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted November 06, 2015 10:07 AM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My goodness, what a great job Edwin and his team are doing, providing all these beautifully designed and manufactured parts to the film collecting community.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Kevin Clark
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 06, 2015 08:47 PM      Profile for Kevin Clark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you for taking our requests on board Edwin and please put me on the list to buy one as the production version will fit my Isco. Your innovation and help with the hobby is always appreciated.

Kevin

Paul Browning
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 07, 2015 04:32 AM      Profile for Paul Browning   Email Paul Browning   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can I make a suggestion Edwin, because of the weight of the lens making this top heavy especially with the bigger lens, could you clip a ring to the 3 feet to make it more stable ?.

Edwin van Eck
Master Film Handler

- posted November 24, 2015 07:49 AM      Profile for Edwin van Eck   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The generic lens holder is now ready for sales.

After several prototypes, testing and taking in consideration your wishes it is now ready.

Compared to the previous prototype we have made 3 improvements:
1) increased the maximum allowed lens diameter to 75mm
2) made the foot more stable by increasing the length of the feet to 125mm
3) increased the maximum leviation to 200mm

-

More information and webshop:
http://shop.van-eck.net/PP-0146.html?_globalsearch=pp-0146

I have now 2 of these holders ready and can be shipped instantly to the first 2 buyers. For other sales, the delivery time is 2 weeks.

--------------------
Edwin van Eck
Van Eck Video Services

Kevin Clark
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 24, 2015 07:52 AM      Profile for Kevin Clark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Edwin

I would like to use my current store credit to buy one of these please plus two of the 16mm long play rollers.

Kevin

Edwin van Eck
Master Film Handler

- posted November 24, 2015 07:54 AM      Profile for Edwin van Eck   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Kevin,

That is fine. The first one is reserved for you. The Longplay unit holders will also be ready within a couple of days!

--------------------
Edwin van Eck
Van Eck Video Services

Kevin Clark
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 24, 2015 07:59 AM      Profile for Kevin Clark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cheers Edwin, let me know the balance to pay via my usual email and I will send payment when I'm home tonight.

Kevin

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted November 24, 2015 07:59 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
How much are they Edwin? It looks superb BTW!!!

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Edwin van Eck
Master Film Handler

- posted November 24, 2015 08:05 AM      Profile for Edwin van Eck   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
special introduction price is Euro 119,= (incl 21% VAT)

--------------------
Edwin van Eck
Van Eck Video Services

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted November 24, 2015 08:10 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Put me down for one also then please Edwin. I will purchase this evening thanks. Can you send me an invoice please directly to Paypal?

--------------------

Edwin van Eck
Master Film Handler

- posted November 24, 2015 08:13 AM      Profile for Edwin van Eck   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Kevin, 2nd is reserved for you. Please order via webshop and choose paypal as payment method.

--------------------
Edwin van Eck
Van Eck Video Services

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted November 24, 2015 08:14 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Was that aimed for Kevin or myself Edwin?? [Confused]

--------------------

Edwin van Eck
Master Film Handler

- posted November 24, 2015 08:20 AM      Profile for Edwin van Eck   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry, I meant you Andrew!

--------------------
Edwin van Eck
Van Eck Video Services

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted November 24, 2015 01:23 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Sent you a PM Edwin thanks.

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC