8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » New GS green guides

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New GS green guides
Steven J Kirk
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 28, 2015 09:27 PM      Profile for Steven J Kirk   Email Steven J Kirk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So the Van Eck guides have hit the ( virtual ) shelves! Any comments from early adopters...

http://www.ebay.de/itm/ELMO-GS-1200-film-guide-film-i nlay-part-improved-version-PP-0095-/262203295246?hash=item3d0c88c60e

--------------------
VistaVision
Motion Picture High-Fidelity

|  IP: Logged

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted December 29, 2015 08:28 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is the shape of the future: small scale manufacturing making us spare parts we are out of business without.

-even ten years ago this would have started with a pattern maker doing the tooling, and by the time you roll that expense in a manufacturer would need to sell hundreds or thousands just to break even or otherwise charge an obscene price.

Now there a lot fewer steps between drawing and finished part.

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 30, 2015 08:32 PM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So will this nylon guide with the extra roller be more effective preventing scratches than the same all metal part that is available?

--------------------
Joe Taffis

Steven J Kirk
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 30, 2015 09:24 PM      Profile for Steven J Kirk   Email Steven J Kirk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Perhaps 'as' effective. I use the metal input guide but for some time folks have also been doing this roller mod. I think the more vital one is the second guide part above the sprocket which absolutely needs the second roller:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/ELMO-GS-1200-upper-film-guide-improved-version-PP-0098-/252221833613?hash=item3ab997c18d

--------------------
VistaVision

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 31, 2015 02:02 PM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Steven, I didn't know that the upper part was available too. It looks good, has anyone here tried it out yet?

--------------------
Joe Taffis

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted December 31, 2015 02:55 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What Edwin is doing is absolutely fantastic. A real beacon of light, and effort as well, in the hobby.

Best Mark.

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted December 31, 2015 05:05 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They certainly offer an impressive range of products, and they can become 'world leader' in this field. The fact that it's worth their while makes it seem that there must still be quite a few projectors running nowadays!

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Steven J Kirk
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 01, 2016 02:23 PM      Profile for Steven J Kirk   Email Steven J Kirk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm pleased to have put my order in for the 1st and 2nd position guide parts. Edwin needs to be encouraged in this project and I think it will pay off long term for him. Check out his eBay store. Super easy to buy with PayPal. Remember he does several gears for the GS 1200 also as well as the arm belts. Lens sleeves and anamorphic holders too.

I shall be testing these guide parts out on my number 3 'tester' machine. At the moment it has no upper guides having been robbed for other machines. The metal guide from Wittner is great but this 3D printed one is much cheaper and the roller may help 'kick' the film up into the sprocket. GS users will know that sometimes the film just sits and 'tickles' the sprocket and won't feed in.

--------------------
VistaVision

Bill Parsons
Film Handler

- posted January 03, 2016 07:58 AM      Profile for Bill Parsons   Email Bill Parsons   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
New topic started

[ January 04, 2016, 02:27 AM: Message edited by: Bill Parsons ]

Edwin van Eck
Master Film Handler

- posted January 04, 2016 06:34 AM      Profile for Edwin van Eck   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello all,

I am very eager to hear all your comments. The nice thing about the 3D techniques, it that we can fairly easy make adjustments to the design. Also we print in small volumes, so there is no old stock if we introduce a new design/version!

--------------------
Edwin van Eck
Van Eck Video Services

Steve Meyer
Film Handler

- posted January 29, 2016 11:13 AM      Profile for Steve Meyer   Email Steve Meyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can't wait to receive the improved parts for the Elmo GS-1200 from Edwin van Eck. (I ordered the):
**upper film guide - improved version (PP-0098)
**loop former (PP-0097)
**film guide, film inlay part (improved version) (PP-0095

Thank You Edwin for all you do for our hobby. [Smile]

Steve M

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted February 12, 2016 04:55 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is it easy to replace ? There is a little spring that seems to need more attention to move.

--------------------
Dominique

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC