8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Seeking Sound Advice on a Sankyo Sound 762 (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Seeking Sound Advice on a Sankyo Sound 762
Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted January 05, 2016 06:36 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Keep going Janice! I for one, am truly gutted I did not do what traditionally, i never fail to do...archive important information to me!!

I just thought it'd be there forever! How wrong was I?? [Confused]

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

|  IP: Logged

Ronnie Lane
Junior

- posted January 07, 2016 07:06 PM      Profile for Ronnie Lane   Email Ronnie Lane   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, thought I'd drop an update. Seller offered partial refund [a refund less shipping] because they didn't want the thing back. I accepted, figuring I could probably figure this out with help. Anything anyone can volunteer further, I'd love to hear. (At the least, this gets more reel capacity than my dualux.)

Barry Fritz
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 07, 2016 10:51 PM      Profile for Barry Fritz   Email Barry Fritz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When working with older 16mm amps, no sound and only a hum through the speakers usually indicated bad electrolytic capacitors. I don't know if the Sankyo has them, but if it does, that could be the problem.

frank arnstein
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 08, 2016 04:12 AM      Profile for frank arnstein   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Ronnie,

When testing your 762 sankyo for sound operation and using a sound film, did you happen to use a stereo sound film or just a mono sound film?

If not, see what happens when you play a 2 track stereo film and try playing just track 2, the balance track, and see if that produces any sound.

The projector may have a problem with the main track magnetic head pickup or associated wiring, but the amplifier could be fine if it reads and plays the contents on track 2 OK.

This has recently happened to me with a Sankyo 702 that I bought on ebay. When I played a mono sound film to test it out, I got no sound from it at all. There was a speaker hum audible but not any of the recorded sound.... a bit like yours Ronnie.

When I tried a playing a stereo film, whilst there was still no sound read from track 1, I was surprised that it played good sound from the balance track or track 2.

So I presume the main magnetic head is faulty or somewhere wiring to the main board while the balance track magnetic head is OK. I am trying to fix this but had no luck yet after many weeks.

dogtor frankarnstein

[Smile] [Wink]

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted January 08, 2016 05:45 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You can still find the old Super 8 Database here:-
http://web.archive.org/web/20150327100229/http://www.super8data.com/
Unfortunately the photographs of the projectors are missing.

--------------------
Maurice

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted January 08, 2016 02:37 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes,that is very good thanks Maurice. Maybe the owners of these machines can post their photos alongside the data so we can recreate as many pages as possible from this fine historical web site.

--------------------

Barry Fritz
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 08, 2016 03:57 PM      Profile for Barry Fritz   Email Barry Fritz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Andrew:
How would somebody go about posting a picture to that website? I would do it if I knew how.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted January 08, 2016 04:39 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
No Barry, that can't happen.
What I was meaning is we copy and paste the info that has been documented within the S8data web pages, place it onto a page in "word" or similar,
Then add your own photo and collectively, we could begin then to compile our own new Super 8 Database.

This information has taken an age to compile originally, it'd be such a shame for us all, to let it go to waste.

--------------------

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted January 08, 2016 04:42 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Barry...It's not an active site...it's only a snapshot of the old site from a previous time. Photo URL's are broken since this site has new owners.

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted January 08, 2016 04:44 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The link is not working for me.

--------------------
Dominique

Ronnie Lane
Junior

- posted January 08, 2016 05:00 PM      Profile for Ronnie Lane   Email Ronnie Lane   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Track changing doesn't really change anything, though I get considerable white noise on combined. Trying other things, my projector finally made a noise that wasn't white noise. Got it on phone, posting to my Youtube. Hopefully someone can help diagnose from it.

https://youtu.be/Crj7gOWubys

Terrance Kott
Junior

- posted February 03, 2017 09:53 PM      Profile for Terrance Kott   Email Terrance Kott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a Sankyo 762. If you need an extra manual let me know. I have two. As you can see in the pictures--it is magnetic. I am currently waiting for a power chord to be sent to me that I just bought. I have not used this since at least the 1990s.

-
 -
 -
 -

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC