8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Eumig 810 D lamp issue

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Eumig 810 D lamp issue
Nick McCall
Junior

- posted January 14, 2016 04:39 PM      Profile for Nick McCall   Email Nick McCall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was running a print on my Eumig Mark S 810 D last night, and the light went out. I put in a new lamp, but it still won't light. Everything else seems to be working fine. What could be wrong?

|  IP: Logged

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted January 14, 2016 07:40 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Nick,

The best bet is a bad lamp socket.

I repaired one of these a few months back, it acted exactly like yours.

Do you have a voltmeter of some kind?

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Nick McCall
Junior

- posted January 14, 2016 08:04 PM      Profile for Nick McCall   Email Nick McCall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, guess I should get one... What parts do I need to get?

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted January 14, 2016 08:34 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Basically the idea is to figure out what's wrong and take it from there.

If you open up the back of the machine you can find the lamp wiring running along under the top of the case. There is some sleeving covering a splice in the lamp wiring. If you peel it back you can expose the splice and clip a meter on it.

If you measure about 12VAC when the lamp is supposed to be on, the socket is bad. If you never see any voltage when the lamp is supposed to be lit, something else is bad: switches, wiring, power transformer.

-divide and conquer!

--------------------

Nick McCall
Junior

- posted January 17, 2016 06:13 AM      Profile for Nick McCall   Email Nick McCall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looks like it's probably a bad socket. Any in particular I should try and get?

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted January 18, 2016 12:01 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There are many, many sockets available. Which one is right depends on the clearances around the back of the lamp.

If I found you a socket that the wires came out the back, would there be room for them to curve around and still allow you to pull the socket off the lamp without hitting something in back of the lamp and socket?

With the original socket the wires come out the side: these are much harder to find.

--------------------

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 18, 2016 02:33 AM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Also, of course, make sure the socket is rated for 100w, some easily available ones are only for 50w halogen spot lights.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC