8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Help. Bolex 18-5 belt changing ~ SIMPLE? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Help. Bolex 18-5 belt changing ~ SIMPLE?
Shane C. Collins
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 04, 2018 07:49 AM      Profile for Shane C. Collins   Email Shane C. Collins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Reading this old thread do we know how Scott made out with the belt change? The post kind of ends abruptly, and then resurfaces two years later, but with no conclusions on how he made out!,

--------------------
Projectors: Bolex 18-5L Super, Bolex 18-5 regular 8mm, Elmo FP8-C

|  IP: Logged

David Lewin
Junior

- posted December 14, 2018 05:54 AM      Profile for David Lewin   Author's Homepage   Email David Lewin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, it is done. Thank you all for so much help and guidance.
There was some talk about the difficulty if inserting the new drive belts having to force them between the pulley and the machine body where the gap is so small.
I helped myself with the most commonly used tool in our world - the paperclip - fashioned with a pair of long-nosed pliers. I attach that here as it may help future newbies like me
 -

--------------------
DL

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC