8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » VFM Trailers from Independent 8

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: VFM Trailers from Independent 8
Oemer Yalinkilic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 05, 2016 08:06 AM      Profile for Oemer Yalinkilic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone have a list of all released Vfm Valu for money trailers?
I have only No. 4 (scope)
The Empire strikes back /return of the Jedi (combo)
Return of the Jedi (single) and
Hocus Pocus

I am curious about the selection of titles and how many of them was released?

|  IP: Logged

Barry Attwood
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 05, 2016 02:02 PM      Profile for Barry Attwood   Email Barry Attwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here's some I remember:

Mission Impossible - Eraser - Total Recall Trailer Reel
Mars Attacks - The Nightmare Before Christmas (2 Versions) - The Nutty Proffesor
Star Trek First Contact - Executive Decision - In The Line Of Fire Trailer Reel (Scope)
Star Wars Special Edition Trailers + Hocus Pocus Trl. (Scope)
Volcano - Con-Air - The Fifth Elemant Trailer Reel (Scope)
McClintock - The War Wagon Trailer Reel (Scope)

I can't remember what numbers they were, but they were all VFM releases even the John Wayne double bill, as they were both long trailers.

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted February 05, 2016 02:44 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The ones done by Barry in the Agfa print era are stunning.

The later Derann reprints are OK but do suffer a little from the bluey thing.

Don`t forget some great Singles Like Stargate and Congo etc etc.

The Eraser one on the VFM reel is superb when the anti gets up and takes off. Well all are pretty good.

Best Mark.

Mike Newell
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 05, 2016 03:50 PM      Profile for Mike Newell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I bought all the VFM trailers from Barry except Con Air Volcano trailer and can confirm they were all excellent quality.

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 05, 2016 04:22 PM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have the M.I./Eraser/Total Recall reel. Really good selections. I had the sound re-recorded (I remember it being low). I also had the Mars Attacks reel. Sent that one out for recording too, but it was last-seen [Frown] .

These are great titles. Are the negs still available? I think all of these titles would sell quite well now.

James

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted February 05, 2016 04:43 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi James sadly all the negs went west when Derann wrapped up.

I`m not going to say how, as quite painful for a filmie type.

I think Phil at Classic is bringing a few decent ones out about now so worth a look see etc.

Barry has some interesting on his recently out list as well. And some good offers too.

Best Mark.

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 05, 2016 06:27 PM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh wow. Thanks Mark. I'll have to check out the new releases.

James.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC