8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Sankyo 2000H Problem

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sankyo 2000H Problem
James Wilson
Expert Film Handler

- posted February 15, 2016 12:20 PM      Profile for James Wilson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,

I was doing some transfers on my trusty old Sankyo, when it started to make a strange noise, the film started to jump then slow down. Upon inspection I noticed the rubber wheel that takes the film into the projector is not turning, I finished the job with my spare, which is not my favorite, I`ve checked inside but can see nothing obvious that`s caused this problem, has anyone got any ideas.
Regards,
James.

--------------------
James Wilson

|  IP: Logged

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted February 15, 2016 01:08 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi James...When you say you checked inside...was that in the front or in the back of the projector. The feeder roller is turned by a gear in the back. Check to see if that gear is turning ... it may be cracked making it loose or if not moving...jammed in some way. Check that the upper metal belt is moving properly. Remove the back on the other Sankyo and compare operation.

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

James Wilson
Expert Film Handler

- posted February 15, 2016 01:50 PM      Profile for James Wilson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Janice,

I`ve done as you said & one of the belts was off, I put it back as my other machine but the rubber wheel still won`t work.
James.

--------------------
James Wilson

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted February 15, 2016 04:08 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does the gear that drives the threading wheel turn? If not...either it's damaged or jammed/stuck. If you don't think it's broken...then try adding lubrication to see if that helps.

--------------------
Janice

James Wilson
Expert Film Handler

- posted February 16, 2016 05:26 AM      Profile for James Wilson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Janice,

Thanks for your quick reply.

There does`nt appear to be anything broken or missing or stuck.
The only thing was the metal chain had come off the middle roller but I`ve put that back on
Everything is turning great, I`ts just that darned rubber wheel that won`t turn.
James.

[ February 16, 2016, 07:49 AM: Message edited by: James Wilson ]

--------------------
James Wilson

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted February 16, 2016 05:04 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well something has to be connected to that rubber wheel to make it turn when you start the motor. I've never taken the feeder assembly apart on this projector, but perhaps Dogtor Frank Arnstein has. You might try and contact him to see if he could join in on the thread and lend his professional advice. He has a lot of experience with Sankyos.

[ February 19, 2016, 12:46 PM: Message edited by: Janice Glesser ]

--------------------
Janice

frank arnstein
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 17, 2016 05:35 AM      Profile for frank arnstein   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Janice and James....

This Sankyo has the same problem many of them develop over time.

Barry's link below should be very helpful.

dogtor frankarnstein

[Wink] [Smile] [Wink]

[ February 18, 2016, 04:54 AM: Message edited by: frank arnstein ]

Barry Fritz
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 17, 2016 09:08 AM      Profile for Barry Fritz   Email Barry Fritz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This thread may be helpful.
http://8mmforum.film-tech.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=009767#000000

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC