8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Eumig 709 Damaged Claw?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Eumig 709 Damaged Claw?
John Goldsmith
Junior

- posted March 01, 2016 05:47 PM      Profile for John Goldsmith   Email John Goldsmith   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a Eumig 709 projector in which the projected film seems to be jumping and "stripy". That appears to be the only way that I can describe it. My question is has the claw possibly been damaged to cause this problem and if so is the claw replaceable?
I guess the next important question can I still purchase a claw for the projector?
Hoping someone can help me out, and thanking you in anticipation,
John

--------------------
John Goldsmith
Northern New South Wales
Australia

|  IP: Logged

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted March 01, 2016 06:16 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
First John, look at the claw and photograph it as close up as you can while remaining in focus.

Post it on here, then we can take it from there.Clean the claw first with a photographic air brush.

Chances are when this is done, all will be retrievable with adjustment maybe! [Smile]

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

John Goldsmith
Junior

- posted March 01, 2016 07:00 PM      Profile for John Goldsmith   Email John Goldsmith   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -
I think I have this right and if I have thank you for your reply, Andrew.
John

--------------------
John Goldsmith
Northern New South Wales
Australia

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted March 01, 2016 07:05 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
As always John, You are more than welcome Thanks.

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

frank arnstein
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 07, 2016 08:44 PM      Profile for frank arnstein   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi John,

Your picture doesn't really show all of the claw tip needed to tell if its OK.
If its a straight Super 8 machine then it should have 2 thick pins in the claw.
If its a dual then you will have only 1 thin pin in the claw.

So turn the machine over till the moving claw reveals if its got 2 or 1 pins. Perhaps the claw is OK.
I think it should have 2 thick pins if its Super 8 and 1 thin pin if its a dual.

dogtor frankenstein

[Wink]

[ March 09, 2016, 05:22 AM: Message edited by: frank arnstein ]

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted March 08, 2016 06:41 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am pretty sure these are duel gauge in which case it would only be a single pin.

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted March 08, 2016 08:26 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a Super-8 only machine with a single, thin pin.

It runs fine, but sometimes I think Eumig made a mistake on this one.

It's not broke: I'm not fixing it.

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

John Goldsmith
Junior

- posted March 08, 2016 09:33 PM      Profile for John Goldsmith   Email John Goldsmith   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the replies to my problem. It is a Super 8, Single 8 and Standard 8 projector, or so the manual points out, and it only has the one Pin. The problem has now been solved. The film was pulled too tight where it comes around into the slot for the sound. I always made sure there was a little bow in the film as stated for standard 8, but it either pulled up tight, or I pulled it up tight. One would have to assume it was me, but I don't know how I could have started doing it every time all of sudden. Now I find i have no trouble if I give the film a larger bow.
So all is well and thanks to all for your input,
John

--------------------
John Goldsmith
Northern New South Wales
Australia

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC