8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Sankyo 1000H Dualux issues query

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sankyo 1000H Dualux issues query
Aaron Rockey
Junior

- posted March 03, 2016 07:46 PM      Profile for Aaron Rockey   Email Aaron Rockey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi There

I received 10 Super 8mm reels from my Aunty recently and enquired about the cost to get them copied, it was going to be around $300 so I decided to get a machine and do it myself. This may have been a mistake.

I won an auction for the 1000H from eBay... the description read okay, I got it home and it worked for 5min and now the tape won't go through the projector. Checking the main belt it looks a little loose so I've ordered it and the metal spring belt thingy as well from eBay...

If possible could I get some advice as to what I may be able to do to get this thing going again, like is there something common to stop the tape being wound through? The take up reel spindle seems weak if I try and stop it spinning, looking inside the machine it looks like a slip clutch comes into effect if that part of the machine gets too much resistance.

Another issue it has, playing forward I have about a 1/4 frame ahead showing at the top of the dispayed movie, playing it in reverse the square image is perfect.
I don't have a manual so excuse my lack of ignorance with the terminolgy of the projector.

Enough of my ramble, going from the pics.

-

-

1. spindle turns weak, spring belt problem or adjustment required?
2. The film runs above this spring thing when you feed it in, is this correct, looking at it wouldn't the spring damage the film?
3. this spindle is also weak, what drives this one? The same spring belt?
4. Excuse the quality of the pic, are there any adjustments to be done around this area?

I repair boomboxes so I hopefully can fix this thing if told what to do with it (even if to throw away and get something else)

Thanks for any assistance and sorry again for my lack of knowledge.

Cheers

Aaron

|  IP: Logged

Mark Creighton
Junior

- posted March 03, 2016 08:27 PM      Profile for Mark Creighton   Email Mark Creighton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Arron,

I would start with replacing the rubber belt first. I recently picked up 3 of these on ebay. I have one that the take up reel was slipping on rewind so I replaced the belt.

For the issue of the 1/4 frame at the top of the image try adjusting the Framer level located below the switch for 8mm/Super 8.

Good luck.

Mark

Aaron Rockey
Junior

- posted March 03, 2016 10:15 PM      Profile for Aaron Rockey   Email Aaron Rockey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Mark

Thanks for responding, the belts should arrive next month from the States, I might try and hunt down a large o-ring before then though.

Thanks for the tip about the framer knob, I had no idea what that did (I probably would have worked it out if the projector went for longer :-) )

Cheers.

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted March 04, 2016 12:27 AM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Aaron...PM me with your email address and I'll send you a manual for the Sankyo 1000. The only difference between the 1000 ahd the 1000H is the lamp.

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Aaron Rockey
Junior

- posted March 04, 2016 05:07 AM      Profile for Aaron Rockey   Email Aaron Rockey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Janice! pm sent.

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted March 04, 2016 02:21 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Aaron...What is your email address???

--------------------
Janice

Aaron Rockey
Junior

- posted March 04, 2016 06:09 PM      Profile for Aaron Rockey   Email Aaron Rockey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Janice.

I've sent you another PM with my email addy.

Let me know if you see it.

Cheers Aaron

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted March 04, 2016 07:17 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
May I ask when requesting a manual that in the PM you enter your email address and in the title or body text that you state which manual you need. I don't always remember or connect names with specific posts and it saves me time searching.

Thanks

--------------------
Janice

Aaron Rockey
Junior

- posted March 04, 2016 11:57 PM      Profile for Aaron Rockey   Email Aaron Rockey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry Janice, would you like me to do another PM? I don't post my email on forums. Too much spam email as it is.

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted March 05, 2016 01:25 AM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I got your PM with your address Aaron that was fine. I would never ask anyone to post their email on the forum. However...your PM was just titled "My Address" and at first I didn't know what I was suppose to be sending to you until I looked up your name and the thread in which you posted. I get a lot of requests for manuals based on topics from 2 -3 years ago. If the exact manual isn't stated in the message it's a guessing game for me. It just delays me getting the manual sent out. I actually got 2 requests for the same manual based on this thread today. Yours didn't have the name of the manual...and the other didn't have an email address. Hopefully this will alert others in the future.

--------------------
Janice

Jonathan Bridge
Junior

- posted March 09, 2016 02:46 AM      Profile for Jonathan Bridge   Email Jonathan Bridge   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
these Sankyo 1000 projectors are great, bought one in a box lot ,just needed a new belt, and a lamp, on you tube there is a video on how to change the Sankyo 1000 belt , Cheers

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted March 09, 2016 07:00 AM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's my video Jonathan [Smile] Glad it was helpful.
https://youtu.be/rog95Djbtpc

--------------------
Janice

Jonathan Bridge
Junior

- posted March 11, 2016 02:50 AM      Profile for Jonathan Bridge   Email Jonathan Bridge   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Janice that video was handy, I bought a Sankyo that needed a new belt and lamp, the old belt had crumbled like a stale burger ring,i ordered one from ebay , these projectors run sweet ,

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC