8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » New French super 8 trailers

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New French super 8 trailers
Steven J Kirk
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 18, 2016 08:17 AM      Profile for Steven J Kirk   Email Steven J Kirk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here is the French guy with the mute trailers:

http://www.ebay.fr/itm/Film-Super-8-Batman -vs-Superman-Zack-Snyder-2016-Trailer-/281970176040?hash=item41a6bb7028:g:270AAOSwE99W6xmU

Still in business. Anyone purchased any of these and what are they like. I think this was talked about before but can't remember anyone reviewing any.

--------------------
VistaVision
Motion Picture High-Fidelity

|  IP: Logged

Stuart Reid
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 18, 2016 08:33 AM      Profile for Stuart Reid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
any way these can be striped?

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted March 18, 2016 10:00 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In 2014, Mak Todd wrote : "Something new flm is always good. However I have a friend bought one and , well he won`t be buying any more, that is all I will say. However I would imagine the more up to date suff with a HD master will be better. And if its must have etc , but does anyone here buy the new super 8 trailers from CHC, they are cheaper and better ?"
I have never purchased any trailer from this French source so I cannot comment about the quality (did Mark's friend have a bad luck ? has the seller improved his work since 2014 ?). I once asked the man who sells these trailers if he could provide them stripped but the answer was not complete. He said he could (it would have taken deux or three weeks more) but didn't say nor if he would record the soundtrack on the film nor if that would be at extra cost, so I didn't insist. It would be intersting to know if someone else has ever bought one of those trailers as it seems to be a market for them since the seller still advertises the films.

--------------------
Dominique

Stuart Reid
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 18, 2016 10:19 AM      Profile for Stuart Reid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder what the source is? If it's digital, it's a bit like making a vinyl record from a CD source.

John Hourigan
Master Film Handler

- posted March 18, 2016 10:31 AM      Profile for John Hourigan   Email John Hourigan       Edit/Delete Post 
For a variety of reasons, most of which are legality concerns, I wouldn't touch these with a 10-foot pole.

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted March 18, 2016 10:51 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Stuart, I saw 16 mm prints taken from a digital source and it was great. However, following a private message I got the last time I wrote about that, I will not give any detail as the man who makes these 16 mm pronts wants to remain discret.

--------------------
Dominique

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted March 18, 2016 11:44 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Besides ... 77 Euro for a trailer? It could be "Life and Times of Grizzly Adams" and I wouldn't pay it!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Stuart Reid
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 18, 2016 12:39 PM      Profile for Stuart Reid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dominique, would this be the gent who can help out with missing footage? [Wink]

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted March 18, 2016 01:05 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, Stuart :-)

--------------------
Dominique

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted March 18, 2016 01:17 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes you would Osi! [Wink]

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted March 18, 2016 04:30 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, I don`t want to knock anyone doing new super 8 film, but the one my friend bought looked as if it had been filmed from something low quality on youtube.

It was a 4/3 image, but not on the super 8 frame, it was sort of pushed up and accross in to one corner of the frame, a non pictire band down one side and along the bottom if you will.

And a very very poor picture.

Also, all just come with a CD with sound so are all mute.

He had a 2nd one in the pipeline he quickly cancelled.

Far better to all club togther and go to Phil or Steve to put some decent qaulity ones out.

Why don`t we all sort out one we all mostly would like and pay up front £25 each or so to the provider. CHC or The Reel Image.

Actually do it, sort it out and pay in a decent number up front.

Best Mark.

PS I`m prepared to put in £25 right now and not worried what film it is. Anybody else ?

Why not try this for s start and all about real film.

[ March 19, 2016, 08:46 AM: Message edited by: Mark Todd ]

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted March 18, 2016 04:39 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
I totally agree Mark. Hardly a showpiece for the gauge are they?

Saving Private Ryan for me. Full opening sequence. I'm in if there was ever enough of us.

Others would include missing Wallace & Gromit 30 minute mini features as well anything from Pulp Fiction among other top titles there is nothing on 8 of so far.

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted March 18, 2016 04:46 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you for your comment, Mark ! Keeping the hobby alive is one thing but putting bad quality items on the market is another one and will certainly not help people prefer film than other medium. So I hope the French seller is not badly refilming YouTube trailers to sell them at a high price on Ebay. Only a happy buyer could tell but until that happens, Mark's advice about supporting the well known cine dealers is in my opinion the wiser to follow. CHC are not good in communication :-) but their films are never disappointing.

--------------------
Dominique

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted March 20, 2016 04:42 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I find it bewildering that the guy seems to actually be selling some of these, considering the combination of the very high price and the return of the archaic 1960s 'sound on disc' concept. The only positive point is that the boxes look attractive!

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC