8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Chinon Sound SP-330MV Service/Repair Manual

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Chinon Sound SP-330MV Service/Repair Manual
Joey Pruitt
Junior

- posted March 22, 2016 10:23 PM      Profile for Joey Pruitt   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looking for a service/repair manual for a Chinon SP-330MV Super-8 Sound projector or a similar model.
It runs fine, but the rewind is as slow as the play speed.
Also the speaker has a bit of a hum/buzz sound I'd like to try and fix as well.

any leads to an English service/repair manual to buy or download is greatly appreciated.

|  IP: Logged

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted March 23, 2016 01:31 AM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Joey...Welcome!

Repair manuals if they exist are difficult to find. I did find this site that claims to have a repair manual for the SP330.

http://www.oldtimercameras.com/manuals/camera-manual-chinon-330-sp-2571.asp

However...I have never bought anything from them so I can't give an endorsement and it seems rather expensive.

If I were you I would first try to troubleshoot the rewind issue yourself. Spend time with the rear cover removed and watch the action of the rewind. Take some photos and/or video and post them on the forum...perhaps we can see something. Could be a slipping belt...gears need lubrication...or maybe there is a cracked part in the supply reel assy. As far as the humm we have a several electronic wizards on the forum that might be able to help with that as well.

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Joey Pruitt
Junior

- posted March 23, 2016 03:22 AM      Profile for Joey Pruitt   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thanks Janice [Smile]

Thijs de Kort
Film Handler

- posted March 23, 2016 03:54 AM      Profile for Thijs de Kort   Email Thijs de Kort   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Joey,
I would check if there is still some lubricant on the left worm gear, If its dry it could explain the problems you're experiencing, If not i would check the belt, it could be that if its a tiny bit stretched that forward works fine(ish) and reverse does slip.
Good luck with your project

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC