8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Eumig P8 m imperial bulb

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Eumig P8 m imperial bulb
Jari Salakka
Junior

- posted March 28, 2016 02:50 AM      Profile for Jari Salakka   Email Jari Salakka   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey all!

Please help me to find a proper bulb for my old Eumig P8 m imperial (nmbr 734917) projector. I have some 50 years old films from my childhood and would like to watch them.

Is the bulb 12 or 230 Volts? the label in the machine says it should be 100 Watts. What is the type of the bulb, the old is missing? See attached photo of bulb place.

What is the best place (in Europe) to buy these?

Or maybe there is some other possibility to watch the films?

-

BR
Jari Salakka [Confused]
Finland

[ March 29, 2016, 01:29 PM: Message edited by: Jari Salakka ]

|  IP: Logged

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted March 28, 2016 04:02 AM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am pretty sure the lamp you need for that particular model looking at your lamp holder is a 12v 100watt which has a "4 pin base". Check out the "Van Eck" web site.
 -

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted March 29, 2016 02:31 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jari
The lamp is 12volt, 100watt, and is known as an A1/186. Here is a link to eBay.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/A1-186-12v-100w-Cine-Projector-Lamp-BXT-/160976638035

--------------------
Maurice

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted March 29, 2016 10:08 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maurice

The "Imperial" uses the 4 pin lamp. The one shown in e-bay is for the earlier model which was a 2 pin, but was not used in the later imperial.

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted March 30, 2016 02:39 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I do apologise for my mistake. I must admit I have never seen such a lamp. I had a P8 Imperial in the sixties which used the A1/186.

My research shows that the correct lamp is the A1/193. Van Eck charge €34.75 for this, however, the British firm of Lamps2udirect are offering these for £17.40 (including V.A.T.) or £14.50 (excluding V.A.T.)

http://www.lamps2udirect.com/photographic-bulbs-lighting/12-volt-100-watt -a1-193-projector-lamp/70503

--------------------
Maurice

Barry Fritz
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 30, 2016 01:47 PM      Profile for Barry Fritz   Email Barry Fritz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That lamp has the letter designation BWT here in the U.S. It is very uncommon and prices range from 70 to 90 dollars. If you can get them from the vendor in the U.K. that Maurice posted, I would buy a couple of them very quickly.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC