8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Keystone 2500 User's Manual/Repair Manual

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Keystone 2500 User's Manual/Repair Manual
Alexa Alana
Film Handler

- posted March 28, 2016 04:56 PM      Profile for Alexa Alana   Email Alexa Alana   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello!
I am new to this forum (as well as 8MM film in general, but I'll further elaborate on that later) - and I am curious if anyone has a manual for the Keystone 2500 projector. I cannot seem to find a PDF of it online anywhere.
Also, what are your thoughts on this particular projector? I would like to do video transfers with it (which is why I purchased it, since it has a variable speed adjustment with a rheostat as opposed to only switches).
The first projector I picked up was a Kodak Instamatic M67, and it's a nice projector - once it works correctly. However, it seems to be impossible to find new belts for it (apparently it needs 5? The machine only had one, which was not getting the job done at all...)
I am new to movie film (I've done 35mm photography, which I really enjoy), but I hope to pursue it as much as I can (a high school student only has so much time, haha).

|  IP: Logged

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted March 28, 2016 06:15 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Alexa and Welcome!

I have used the Keystone 2500 for realtime transfers and if the projector is working well...it does a nice job. I have a video on YouTube that shows the features of this projector and an example of it used for telecine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjSo892DKms

Also...if you PM me your email address I can send you a User Manual.

Good luck with your transfers [Smile]

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Alexa Alana
Film Handler

- posted March 28, 2016 08:19 PM      Profile for Alexa Alana   Email Alexa Alana   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Janice, thank you!
I actually saw your video on YouTube while researching the projector - it helped me make my decision on purchasing this projector.
Thank you very much for the help! [Smile]

Phil Murat
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 29, 2016 10:51 AM      Profile for Phil Murat   Email Phil Murat   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Goodevening Alexa,

Welcome first !!!!

Adjusting projector speed is one thing. to get a pretty good "Stable" speed with minimum fluctuation is an other.

I suggest you to have a look here :

http://letransfert.soforums.com/index.php

This is in French language, but you can find many different experiences concerning subject (Pictures, Schemas , etc...)

Phil

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted March 29, 2016 12:17 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you Phil for the link. Looks like a very interesting Forum geared to telecine transfers. I don't know French, but the Google translator is working well. I plan to look through some of the postings and maybe pick up some ideas.

--------------------
Janice

Phil Murat
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 29, 2016 01:28 PM      Profile for Phil Murat   Email Phil Murat   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Janice,

Different experiences have been done and detailed through the forum upon mentioned.
Normaly you could find schematic , pictures , and may be "Typon" to perform PCB too .

As exemple, Just have a look on "Heurtier Tri film" conversion, this is great.

From my side, I am working on a Frame counter for monitoring speed around 25fps : The proposed tool can work for any machine showing 2 or 3 blades as well (DIP switch setting).
If you have time in front of you, and if you like technic, great fun expected...

Phil

John MacMillan
Junior

- posted May 18, 2018 12:16 PM      Profile for John MacMillan   Email John MacMillan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey there!

Hi! I have been getting into 8mm film, after getting about a dozen reels of film shot during my childhood back...
I borrowed a Eumig 610D I believe projector, and began trying to do some video transfers... Flickering was annoying, so my project got shelved until a better way that I could afford came my way...
Fast forward to yesterday, when a lovely Keystone 2500 projector that looks a lot like the Eumig610 was in Value Village for $10!!! With vari-speed playback to adjust for less video flicker!
It didn't actually WORK for ten bucks! LOL
Got it home, popped it open, and gave it a little push, and it un-siezed! Looks like it's okay... The belt is a little floppy but it seems okay...

So, I started some googling to maybe find a manual of some kind. Not an easy find!

Found this place from that. Saw this thread where you offered someone a copy of the manual for this Keystone 2500 if they PM'd you.

I tried to send you a PM but your box is full!

I thought I'd also ask, could I please get a copy of the manual for this projector too?

Thanks in advance! I'm excited to spend my next night off sitting in the dark transferring some flicker free movies of me as a kid!

-John

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted May 18, 2018 12:33 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I deleted several messages from my mailbox...please retry to PM me and don't forget to include the model name of the projector for which you want the manual and your email address.

[ May 18, 2018, 01:51 PM: Message edited by: Janice Glesser ]

--------------------
Janice

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC