8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Upgrading projector - Advice (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: Upgrading projector - Advice
Miguel Gimenez
Film Handler

- posted April 01, 2016 01:48 AM      Profile for Miguel Gimenez   Email Miguel Gimenez   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello,

After some time using my Chinon SS1200 I think it is time to upgrade to a better projector. I have read a lot these forums and internet in general but more I read more lost I am.

I had the idea of getting an Elmo GS1200 (Xeon or not Xeon?), but it seems that it has its own "limitations"...

On the other hand it seems that some Fumeo or a Beaulieu 708 could be a very good choice too. But I don't see specifically why (my fault, I mean likely I don't know enough). Strenghts vs weakness.

The only thought that seems clear is that film guides in plastic (like the Chinon) is not the best thing and they could finish by scratching the film. But at side of that I am lost.

Basically I want to project for small audiences (max 10 persons, usually 4 or 5), in 2 to 2.5 m wide screens (maximum!), usually a bit smaller. I have mainly Disney features coming from Derann.

I make dubbing for mono features using the compensation band, so dubbing capabilities and two "bands" or stereo sound is a must.

BTW, optical sound is really necessary?

So for me the most important, is maximum "guarantee" (counting on a good maintenance) of no scratching the film, good sound (recording and playing), and specially, a good transmission. I don't want to "play lottery" and burn a frame because of transmission is cheap.

Stability on projection (steady frame), good light output (see more below regarding Xeon, though), is also wished.

To begin with, I prefer to go to the best (or among/near the best) than to start looking into middle-quality projectors. A priori, I thought on expending up to 1000 €, but we will see (maybe is too much or not enough, will see).

Regarding Xeon or Hti (?) I am not sure. As far as I understand, its main advantage is more light output which is useful for bigger projections/audiences. On the other hand I am concerned about its colour temperature. AFAIK, some prints (like the Derann Disneys's) are done for projection with halogen/tungsten lights in mind, so I am afraid that using Xeon will produce a cold cast to the image. This is very important to me, I am really concerned (and I have quite in-deep knowledge) about color management in photography, and it is important to me. I have not seen here discussions about this color temperature potential issue, though.

Well, any advice from people experienced here will be very welcomed. Because, as you can see, I don't have too much experience/knowledge and I am afraid of going wrong if I decide too fast or by myself only. Thanks!

Edit reason: orthography

[ April 01, 2016, 05:23 AM: Message edited by: Miguel Gimenez ]

|  IP: Logged

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted April 01, 2016 03:31 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Miguel. The main advantage of the Fumeo and Beaulieu machines over Elmos is their reel capacity which is up to 2500ft (approx 750m), they were meant and built for feature projection.

The Elmo GS1200 is known for scratching films but there are new parts that can be fitted in order to avoid that. Its recording unit with pulse-sync is top-notch.

Some Fumeos have recording abilities but not all. Most importantly, dual track/stereo units were only built by request by the Fumeo factory so they are scarce and hard to find and probably ludicrously expensive.
But they are built like tanks and very reliable.

If you really don't need optical playback but need recording on the balance track, go for the Beaulieu 708. With trial and error, using the speed adjustment knob, you can make it work for your dubbing purposes.
Its EFR Halogen lamp is quite good for your screen size. With a better Schneider lens and a xenophot version of the EFR, you can increase your light throuhput and get a crisper projected image.

If you're not bothered by reel capacity, the Eumig S938 (for 800ft reels only) could also be a cheaper alternative. It also uses EFR lamps and got a great sound unit.

Some members here also vouch for the Bauer T610 (also 800ft reels).

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Miguel Gimenez
Film Handler

- posted April 01, 2016 05:44 AM      Profile for Miguel Gimenez   Email Miguel Gimenez   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you for your answer.

Is the pulse-sync feature of the Elmo useful for dubbing from digital or normal tape (VHS) sources? I see the Elmo has a speed fine adjustment as the Beaulieu or the Chinon, so I could always use it for manual synch.

From your comment it seems that the recording of the Elmo is "the best" (at side of the pulse-synch feature), is the Beaulieu also as good?

I am leaning towards the Elmo because of its "portability" (it will not be fixed in a place, although I am not going to travel with it neither). About light output the not-Xeon is more or less like the Beaulieu?

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted April 01, 2016 05:52 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Jean-Marc has everything summarized really well here, except to say, aside from the very later Beaulieu projectors, they all come with the Schneider Xenovaron excellent f1.1 lens as standard.

If you decide to go down the Beaulieu route, I personally, would only recommend the Stereo onwards models, due to some reports of earlier models having in some cases, inferior gate machined parts that will scratch films as they age.
Once you get to the later Stereo models and the the Studio 93 range Inc the HTI model, this will not happen, I guarantee.

The Osram Xenophot A1 232 combined with the adjustable 2/3 bladded shutter plus the extremely fast pull down claw on these machines, produces an incredible amount of light onto a screen of at least 10ft and also has a lovely whiteness to it that is difficult to come anywhere close to using any other halogen projector on the gauge.

I have used all of the projectors Jean-Marc speaks of apart from the GS 1200. However I have seen and witnessed the pros and cons of this machine on many occasions, so I do have experience of it in use.

For a non scratching high performance showcase machine for an audience of 10, there is no doubt in my mind that the all round ultimate performer for playback of films while keeping the films in the same condition coming out of the machine as when they enter into it....is the Beaulieu 708el CD Stereo models and onwards.
This is regardless of its other advantage of being capable of showing a full feature film on one reel of film, should you so wish.

The Bauer projector, even without pulse sync is my ultimate favourite recording projector for ease of use and the ability to cut in and out of a scene with zero noticeable effect.
It also allows forward and reverse multiple transportation of the film without any damage incurred to film by doing so.

By using the Bauer or Eumig as your showcase projector on playback to an audience of 10, there would however be some element of compromise over the performance of the Beaulieu and that includes light output onto the screen.

I have also never owned a Fumeo, but having digested all the comments from all of their respected owners,which I know a good number of fairly well now and given the extremely limited stereo models and extremely limited recording models, I would not recommend these for your needs here either.

If you do choose to go down the Elmo route, as a safe guarding exercise, I would strongly recommend that you change out all of the known wear parts for the new improved range from Van Eck etc as well as fitting the metal input guide shoe that is still readily available from FFR etc.
Do expect greater reliability issues than most other models and do ensure you have some instant access to vital spare parts like motors etc. These are now becoming more difficult to source without obtaining a second donor machine.

Bear in mind, Beaulieu machines are the only super 8mm Projector that you can still obtain nearly all brand new spare parts for that you are likely to need for the next 20 years or so to keep the thing running A1!

In summary then, if this was my decision to make here, I wouldn't be looking to purchase one projector here, I'd be looking for two.
From the two I'd select to cover all the things you wish to achieve from a super 8mm Projector to the highest standards achievable, with zero risk to film, my two choices would always be the Bauer T610 and later Beaulieu Stereo models that both include the Schneider MC Xenovaron f1.1 11-30mm lens and Osram Xenophot A1 232 lamp on the standard machines and better still, the HTI lamp for the highest Beaulieu model, if you can find one within budget.

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted April 01, 2016 07:11 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Miguel, Andrew has extended explanations beyond hope, so I guess you have now all the cards to help with your decision. This Forum is an amazing place!

On the pulse-sync side of things:
Using the speed adjustment knob is fine but can be tricky as many variables can alter the motor speed. Hence my "trial and error" sentence. Having a pulse fed through the sync unit on the GS1200 (either via a sync box or software) will have your projector constantly running at the correct speed. 25fps for instance, in case you want to sync to European VHS or DVD, be it for playback or redubbing.
I personnaly use a version 1 GS1200 rebuilt and fine-tuned by "Il Maestro" Ugo Grassi, the World's leading expert on all things GS1200s, and a great guy.

--------------------

Miguel Gimenez
Film Handler

- posted April 01, 2016 09:42 AM      Profile for Miguel Gimenez   Email Miguel Gimenez   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you very much for these explanations. A lot of experience there. This is unvaluable.

I see that the Beaulieu is the optimal for my case. Really what you say about the "issues" I could have, even after replacing the wear pieces by the improved ones, and the scarce spare parts, makes me think twice about the Elmo.

The lamp you mention, the Osram Xenophot A1 232, I understand is the one for the Beaulieu non-HTI. This lamp seems a Xeon lamp but with a 3350K of color temperature, that's fine for me.

Now it seems that the only thing that is attractive for me of the Elmo is the pulse-sync feature. That would be the solution for listen stereo features in my native tongue (I couldn't dub it because I would lost a stereo track). Although I guess is possible to do, I don't know if it is easy.

BTW, is it possible to make a pulse-sync playback in a non pulse-synched projector (using some external device)?

About the Beaulieu HTI, do you know the lamp model used? I have read that with added good ventilation it is possible to use a HTI lamp in the non-HTI model. That would be a plus, if eventually in the future it could be needed, although some engineering should be done to fit a powerful fan/turbine.

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted April 01, 2016 09:52 AM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have the Beaulieu 708 HTI. You would also need to get a Ballast and Igniter on top of a fan that you would attach to the projector lamp covering. And you would need relays to make sure the machine would turn off the lamp when stopped so as to not burn the film. I love my Beaulieu and the level of sophistication of that machine is up there with the Elmo and in many ways surpasses it. But it does not play optical and there is no pulse sync. Everything looks better on the Beaulieu! Even "The Rose" 400ft digest. [Smile]
Here is a good HTI Beaulieu.
http://www.s8profis.de/beaulieu-708elhti-xenon-capstan-drive-stereo-projector-p-371.html
This is the HTI that came directly from the factory and from what I have heard is much better than the ones that were modded after the fact.

Miguel Gimenez
Film Handler

- posted April 01, 2016 09:56 AM      Profile for Miguel Gimenez   Email Miguel Gimenez   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Alan. Is that the 'normal' Price for a Beaulieu 708 HTI ?

BTW, could you tell me the lamp specification/model used in the HTI, please? Is this one Osram HTI lamp ?

Really Andrew's advice seems top. Beaulieu 708 Stereo for projection and the Bauer T610 for dubbing, and with a bit of luck both will fill my budget...but maybe an Elmo for the pulse-sync thing would be a third one to add, when budget/time permits.

BTW, how can I be sure a Beaulieu is one of the very last ones (the ones to get, if I understand correctly)? For example, I have found one that has written on its body 'Beaulieu 708 EL capstan drive STEREO' and the lens has written in it what was commented: 'Schneider - Kreuznach MC Xenovaron 1.1/11-30'. Is this enough to identify it as one suggested by you/one of the latest?

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted April 01, 2016 10:05 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Any stereo model onwards will be a good machine to own.(all stereo models were released later than duo play and early mono only main track models)

The best and newest are the "Studio" models released in 93, but just try finding one!! (Alan & I will be laughing out loud at the same time when he reads this!😊 )

You should be paying no more than £1000 for a very nice clean standard halogen Stereo model from a dealer like above and the sky is the limit for a HTI.

A Studio 93 model will cost considerably more should you ever be able to find one and may very well not have a Schneider lens fitted to it given the era these were made.

I honestly believe you will not be disappointed in any way even just obtaining a standard halogen model when placed in two bladed shutter mode.

They are plenty bright enough for all but the largest of public screenings.

The motor on these runs very accurately and from the superb unique capstan drive design mechanism, you get superb wow and flutter free stereo sound from its powerful internal amplifier when used with good extension speakers. Also sounds fabulous when slaved out via a 5 pin din lead to a separate amplifier with a decent track under the heads.

As for sync pulse opportunities with these, it is achievable and a guy called Pedro used to produce an electronic sync box and motor circuit board as an add on for these.

These are now long gone but stay tuned as there are people like Phil Murat here and possibly even myself here that will be looking to bring to market some new innovation for coupling these fine machines to a digital track in the future!😀

--------------------

Miguel Gimenez
Film Handler

- posted April 01, 2016 10:21 AM      Profile for Miguel Gimenez   Email Miguel Gimenez   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for your advice. I think I agree.

The HTI advantage over the non-HTI I guess is only more light output, isn't ?

If the HTI lamp is the one I linked above, then I think I can do without it (because of price of projector) but specially because it has 5600 K, too cold for me, I'm afraid. Maybe some day I will need some colder light, but for the moment I think I'll save the extra money.

What you say about the motor drive sounds very nice. In fact, due to transmission, a few days ago I have just burned out a frame of Derann's Snow White on the Chinon. I can't forgive myself for that ! I really can't ! And in the scene of the magic mirror (one of my favorites... [Frown] [Frown] )

If only I could find this portion from other Derann copy, I'd try to fix it... But never I'll project it again except in a really safe projector.

Alessandro Pavoni
Master Film Handler

- posted April 01, 2016 10:24 AM      Profile for Alessandro Pavoni   Email Alessandro Pavoni   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Miguel, Andrew, this one Schneider- Kreuznach MC Xenovaron 1.1/11-30 was made for The Bauer T525/610 series.
But this has a special barrel (32 mm) that fit on Beaulieu 708, and (Fumeo, Eumig, not sure).
On Beaulieu 708 Stereo, you can choose to put 2 or 3 blades, I put this lens on my beaulieu 708 stereo with 2 blades, and you have exceptional brightness.
 -

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted April 01, 2016 12:14 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
That lens will fit either the Eumig S938/40 or the Beaulieu 708el but is not the standard style Beaulieu Schneider lens.

It's kind of a cross of both the Bauer and Beaulieu Schneider lenses.

Keep those Derann prints away from that Chinon in the meantime Miguel! [Wink]

We only get but one chance nowadays, as I keep saying!

[ April 05, 2016, 09:47 AM: Message edited by: Andrew Woodcock ]

--------------------

Miguel Gimenez
Film Handler

- posted April 01, 2016 01:16 PM      Profile for Miguel Gimenez   Email Miguel Gimenez   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Excuse me to come back with few question more about the Beaulieu.

Surfing this forum and other pages I have read that the Beaulieu had 'finicky focusing system because the gate was getting too hot, and an average sound unit' (about the sound, Andrew opinion seems to be more like the contrary of this).

Also I have read reports of getting too hot (the not-HTI), which makes me fear for burning frames, in case film is stopped by accident [Roll Eyes]

Is that true? This applies only to mono versions ? Or to all except the HTI or Studio 93 ?

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted April 01, 2016 02:02 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
The focussing system is similar to the accuracy experienced of that of a micrometer thread.
It is universally recognized as being the best and most accurate focussing system of any Super 8mm projectors focussing mechanism.
Other "coarser" mechanisms prove far more difficult to focus with when using fast lenses with shallow depths of field and therefore drift out of focus very easily.
With the Beaulieu mechanism, wherever you set it, it stays put.
Also what helps here, is the rare rear sprung gate mechanism.
This keeps the focal length between frame and lens the exact same distance even if different thicknesses of film are joined together like two trailers for example, one acetate, one polyester.

Paul Adsett is someone who posts here. He is a professional mechanical engineer. If you search through his recent posts here, you will see how he gauges this mechanism versus others and Paul is a Eumig and GS owner, not a Beaulieu owner!

Does the lamp house and gate get hot?
Yes of course it does, it's all made of heat conductive steel.

Does this ever pose a problem with warping film or blistering frames etc?

No, never! It is extremely delicate to film and its total transportation when all is per factory settings and set up!
It also dissipates the heat from the lamp house very quickly and effectively by force venting it out through the rear cover with its powerful yet not particularly noisy internal fan.

This projector also does not allow the lamp on full power when still frame facility is used, thus further insuring guaranteed protection of our valuable and often irreplaceable films.

You have nothing to fear with these machines Miguel. Believe me I would not wax lyrical about any machine if it hadn't served me extremely well for a good number of years.
They often need some adjustment when first obtaining them from what I hear and experience, but once set absolutely correctly they are a wonderful professional machine by design.

Sound can appear a little "thin" at times,especially on bass, but using any decent equalizer before an external amp, it can be made rich in sound quality with ease.
Use bass heavy speakers like "Mission" for example, all can be nicely balanced.

I am not easily impressed by many projector designs as often major flaws are observed in their design.
This is one that does the things we really value, very well indeed and gets nearly all the "what counts factors" spot on for your Showtime requirements and certainly mine anyhow.

One of the few things that score low by users is the nylon spindle hubs which do not have the most powerful locking system it has to be said for the very large and heavy reels of film this machine is capable of handling.
What I have found with these is, that so long as you use Posso (Beaulieu) official spools or other quality spools like Elmo, Schneider, Bonum, Gepe etc etc...all is fine.
Do not be tempted to force fit ill fitting off standard spools, these will damage your spindle hubs.

Some later models come with uprated steel spindle hubs. These allow almost any spool to be fitted to them without detriment.

--------------------

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted April 01, 2016 02:29 PM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Miguel is doing his homeworks [Wink] It's great to see someone making good use of the search engine of the forum.
I'll back Andrew regarding this machine being safe and not burning frames.
But as the author behind the "finicky focusing system and average sound unit" line (yup, it was me your Honor, 10 or 12 years ago), running at the time both the Beaulieu and the Elmo, and despite the deepest respect that I have for Mr Buisse and Mr Botazzi (designers of the original 708 prototype) I still find the Elmo superior on these two particular items. I'll encourage you to look for one of the more recent version of the 708 projector.

--------------------

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted April 01, 2016 02:30 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Indeed Jean-Marc. [Smile]

--------------------

Miguel Gimenez
Film Handler

- posted April 02, 2016 01:40 AM      Profile for Miguel Gimenez   Email Miguel Gimenez   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Andrew, thanks for your explanations. Really unvaluable, and serves to reassure me about this projector. The somewhat 'thin' sound, at first and if it is not too evident, does not 'sound' too bad for me, because I am a bit tired of the low end emphasizing in every device built nowadays. I don't like too thin sound of course. This is the same as VHS vs DVD editions. DVD having always more opaque (balanced they'd say) sound of the same soundtracks, I prefer VHS versions (even if they come with a slight hiss background sound). And regarding focusing system -I have read Paul Adsett posts- it seems the best although of course I can't guess nothing here. Jean-Marc seems to find it harder. Maybe it is a subject of personal preferences. I dunno, although being a mechanical engineer myself (although working as hydraulic) I appreciate what Paul explains about this.

BTW, I found this comment from Paul: 'I believe I read somewhere on this forum that the Beaulieu has a much narrower recording head than most super 8 projectors. If that is the case, recordings made on other projectors may not playback very well on the Beaulieu.'. I guess from your answers that it has not been never a problem for you, but I wanted to comment it just in case there is some case in which it could be a problem.

Really by re-reading the posts in this topic and in the forum I realize more and more the quality of the Beaulieu.

One question though:

Jean-Marc I understand from your comment that the 'more recent' version of the 708 are better regarding these two topics? But for you, still below Elmo?

If so, do you have some clue to help me identify one of the more recent ones? Or are you referring to an HTI or the -very hard to find- Studio 93? Or maybe you refer simply to the ones built from 'some year' onwards?

Patrick Feuerstein
Film Handler

- posted April 02, 2016 03:13 AM      Profile for Patrick Feuerstein   Email Patrick Feuerstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Fumeo 9119 is a 16mm fit to Super8. The lamp is 24v/200w but you can use 250w, the ventilation is strong. BUT the BW film stock must be lubricated (I can explain later why). The belts a easy to find. The mecanism is simple, just needs lubrication survey, and can easily serviced (I do it myself). If it's not possible any professional cine compagny must do it. The main advantage is hand-threading.

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted April 02, 2016 04:23 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Miguel, to answer your question, yes, I prefer the Elmo GS1200 because of its pulse-sync recording ability. I don't project full features on super 8.

--------------------

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted April 02, 2016 07:40 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
It really does depend on what you want a projector for.
If you want to show features in one run and don't mind mono sound, and will never have a desire to record anything...maybe a Fumeo is for you.

If you rely heavily on pulse sync and have no desire to show features in one run, then perhaps a GS is to be considered.

If you want to run full features,on one reel, in Stereo and record perhaps now and again ,there is only one machine that can do it...outside of finding one of the "built to order" Fumeo's

Both the Bauer and the Beaulieu can be pulse synced anyhow if you can find a Pedro box and the internal motor controlling boards or make your own perhaps.

All electronically controlled D.C. driven machines have this facility, not just the GS, it's just a case of having the electronics to facilitate it.

The heads work fine btw on the Beaulieu if they are in good shape.

Btw I hope the advice to be invaluable not unvaluable Miguel! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted April 02, 2016 07:53 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do most of you splice onto big reels for features?

My standard operation has always been two machines and changeovers.

That's the main reason I use a mixer panel.

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted April 02, 2016 08:01 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
I do Steve, but only when the feature has arrived with me with the leaders and tails already spliced.

If a feature is like new with all original leads and tails present and uncut, then I won't cut them either.

In these instances, I just join each reel if I so wish but keep the breaks in place while on one large reel.

--------------------

Miguel Gimenez
Film Handler

- posted April 02, 2016 08:46 AM      Profile for Miguel Gimenez   Email Miguel Gimenez   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Glups [Embarrassed] ! Invaluable, yes [Embarrassed] Sorry.

Regarding the pulse-sync, I'll explore the possibility to use the Beaulieu (or buy a GS just for that), later on.

I found in another site info about the Beaulieu 708 not-HTI having the -how is called in english?- 'firewall' or 'douser/dowser' to block the light from the lamp to the frame, but according to them, in the HTI this was removed.

So, this is definitive. For me the HTI has several disadvantages (the missing 'firewall/douser', price and lamp color temp).

Conclusion: I have to look for a Beaulieu 708EL Stereo (non-HTI) from the 1990s if possible. (And later, the Bauer T610, I don't forget it).

Now I only have to find one in good shape (?).

Can, someone who have a Beaulieu 708, tell me if these projectors show the manufacture date in a characteristics plate or similar?

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted April 02, 2016 09:21 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
The serial number underneath the machine should give you some indication of the year it was made in Miguel.

Also there are other visual give away details that tell you if it is a later model of the stereo range.
1/ the slider knobs changed to include a tip end at the top of them rather than the flat topped oval originals.
2/ the analogue frame counter changed to a digital one.
3/ reel holders became metal with a security clip as opposed to the nylon originals.
4/ the V.U. meters changed from the analogue type to LED type.

Some models have some of these changes and not all depending on when they were built, but even the earliest Stereo model offers many improvements in build quality from their earlier non stereo counterparts.

Any stereo model, if well cared for in the past, should serve you well.

--------------------

Miguel Gimenez
Film Handler

- posted April 02, 2016 10:19 AM      Profile for Miguel Gimenez   Email Miguel Gimenez   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you Andrew and everybody, you have a surprising knowledge and patience. You have really helped me a lot!

Now I'll look for it weekly until I find one. [Smile]

All times are Central
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC