8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » The Aristocats film

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Aristocats film
Kevin Hassall
Master Film Handler

- posted April 06, 2016 05:02 AM      Profile for Kevin Hassall   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just hope I don't have to wait too long for it it's at customs at the moment hope they don't charge me an arm and a leg for it

|  IP: Logged

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted April 06, 2016 06:07 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Might be 20% VAT and the Post Office handling charge of £8.

--------------------
Maurice

Paul Browning
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 06, 2016 06:49 AM      Profile for Paul Browning   Email Paul Browning   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was told that the charge is random, but saying that, not one has randomly missed a charge. I find it spends more time in customs than it does travelling half way round the globe. You might get lucky.

Kevin Hassall
Master Film Handler

- posted April 06, 2016 07:21 AM      Profile for Kevin Hassall   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks guys I ay bought anything from abroad before and was worried how much it would cost thank you [Smile]

Peter Scott
Film Handler

- posted April 06, 2016 10:36 AM      Profile for Peter Scott     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
don't forget the import duty as well

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted April 06, 2016 04:36 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Maurice speaks of the expected import duty here above, and in my experiences, he is spot on including the handling fee.

Obviously, it never helps here, if someone values your paid £250 feature at an insurance valuation figure of £300 to £400 during transportation, as this is what the 20% figure will be based upon!

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Alessandro Pavoni
Master Film Handler

- posted April 07, 2016 11:09 AM      Profile for Alessandro Pavoni   Email Alessandro Pavoni   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -
 -

[Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted November 26, 2016 04:35 PM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Were these copies ever in LPP?

--------------------
Maurice

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted November 26, 2016 05:49 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Were what "copies" ever in LPP???

Sorry, I'm really struggling with this question from anyone other than a total novice?

Nowadays, via our fabulous customs & excise duty officers, you pays what you what you pays, quite frankly!
It's a joke, but it's not that funny, remember!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzxKVm7qc4c

Tis what it is these days, take it or leave it!

I've never done too well out of it without describing my oversees sellers as true friends who are willing to do all they can to help out GENUINE oversee's collectors who give what they get!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DL7-CKirWZE

[Wink]

Here is the "Joke" of the matter.
Made in Birmingham UK.
Person buys new... pays the UK duty.
Gets shipped sometime later to Oz, The States or wherever.
Gets imported back to it's native land of origin
UK resident pays excessive Customs & Excise Duty once again!!

No Fun whatsoever! [Mad]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcOu8xVIx-I
Just for 7:32 minutes of Audible Heaven!

Enjoy!! [Wink]

[ November 26, 2016, 07:59 PM: Message edited by: Andrew Woodcock ]

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 27, 2016 03:51 AM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The only Disney extracts I have seen on low fade stock were on Agfa not LPP. Others (UK prints) have mainly been on Fuji.

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted November 27, 2016 10:59 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you, Brian, for the answer to my question which referred to the post's heading "The Aristocats Film".

--------------------
Maurice

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC