8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Problem with claw pin

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Problem with claw pin
Konstantinos Skiriotis
Junior

- posted May 11, 2016 01:35 AM      Profile for Konstantinos Skiriotis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
good morning
i am new member in forum.
i have sankyo 501 sound projector & i have a problem.
the framing control is outside (the picture is half down or the picture is half up).
how can i repair it?

thanks in advance

|  IP: Logged

Maurizio Di Cintio
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 11, 2016 07:57 AM      Profile for Maurizio Di Cintio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did you try the framer? It's a small knurled knob not far beloe the focusing knob.

--------------------
Maurizio

Konstantinos Skiriotis
Junior

- posted May 12, 2016 04:50 AM      Profile for Konstantinos Skiriotis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
the framer is to the end

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted May 12, 2016 05:03 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
If the framer knob is adjusted fully to the end of its travel,
This typically indicates wear or slippage within the claw mechanism somewhere, dependent on design.

However....all is not lost, almost certainly!

Usually the centre point of the framing mechanism can be reset by tracing the linkages back to their fulcrum. It is there that an adjustment can usually be made to bring about a new framing centre line to allow equal adjustment above and below the frame line.

This should buy you a few more years use out of the machine at the very least, but more than likely, something like the cam perhaps,is ultimately wearing,and eventually no more adjustment will be available in the future without first repairing the fault, unless it is just slippage of a linkage.

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Konstantinos Skiriotis
Junior

- posted May 12, 2016 06:31 AM      Profile for Konstantinos Skiriotis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
the framer is to the end & i have this picture
 -
how can i fix it
thanks in advance!

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted May 12, 2016 08:48 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
I have tried explaining and answering that question above here Konstantinos.
Hopefully, you will be able to understand my explanation here.

If you do, hopefully it will lead you to a satisfactory conclusion on this issue here. [Smile]

--------------------

Konstantinos Skiriotis
Junior

- posted May 12, 2016 09:40 AM      Profile for Konstantinos Skiriotis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
the problem is here
 -

or here

-

THANKS FOR HELP!

Barry Fritz
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 12, 2016 10:35 AM      Profile for Barry Fritz   Email Barry Fritz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The adustments Andrew mentioned would be somewhere in the area in the first picture. Move the framing knob/lever while watching the area you have enclosed with the red lines. Hopefully you will see where some adjustment can be made.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted May 12, 2016 11:30 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
It isn't clear on any of the photographs exactly how your particular framing mechanism is linked to the claw mechanism.

You may have to trace the linkages to the mechanism yourself first, beginning with the knob mechanism itself and then tracing backwards.

Unfortunately I don't know this model intimately but many work on a similar principle.
Only the Beaulieu has a slightly different approach to framing where it shifts the entire lens assembly up or down to centre to the film frame. This is quite unique though and many just use linkages to shift the frame up or down via an eccentric cam on the inside of the knob.

--------------------

Josef Grassmann
Expert Film Handler

- posted May 16, 2016 02:19 PM      Profile for Josef Grassmann   Author's Homepage   Email Josef Grassmann   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is a white moulded plastic sliding part fixed to claw arm which slides on cam. In most cases it is worn due to many working hours or/AND lack in lubrication.
When silding part is worn projecotrs runs quite noisly without film. This will state worn part.

Melvin England
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 20, 2016 12:55 PM      Profile for Melvin England     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would just like to say thank you to Konstantinos for bringing up this subject, and to all the other contributors to this thread. I have the same problem with two of my Sankyo 700's and not being very technically minded,the information given has given me the nerve to at least think about attempting to remedy my problem as at least I now know roughly what to look for and what needs to be done. I'll let you know how I get on.

--------------------
"My name is for my friends!"

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC