8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Possible CHC New Trailer Release (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Author Topic: Possible CHC New Trailer Release
Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted May 19, 2016 11:55 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's where the list shows all its utility as I haven't received any e-mail confirming that my order intention had been taken in account.

--------------------
Dominique

|  IP: Logged

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 19, 2016 01:37 PM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't received a reply yet either...

--------------------
Joe Taffis

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted May 19, 2016 03:33 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I`ve sent 2 emails that were not picked up and replied too so looks as if Phil will not be aware of how many people are interested as obviously more than he has seen in his in box etc.

The numbers so far are great, so lets keep the thing moving and get it going even more.

Best Mark.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted May 20, 2016 11:04 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Adrian, I shall be phoning Phil on Tuesday next week to confirm my commitment to the project.
I shall be placing an order for two, if it goes ahead. [Smile]

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted May 21, 2016 11:26 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Great work here with your list btw Adrian. Much appreciated! [Smile]

--------------------

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted May 21, 2016 12:21 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I should mention that Steve Osbourne and myself are working on putting together a 200ft reel of 35MM commercials as well as "welcome to the cinema" spots. Here is the 60 second intro to the theater ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6gon66jF8s

and here is another of the ads that will be on this reel, a very funny anti-smoking ad called, "The magical Amount"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mfJS68Jmu4

(OK, if you're a smoker, it may not be too very)

as well as some other ones, "M&M" candy, Cheetoh's "Chester Cheetah"

We actually have both a scope and flat (letterboxed) version of the "Regal Cinema" opening, but most of the commercials that I have are flat 35MM, so we will probably go with the flat version, as everybody can buy that one, but not everybody has a scope lense.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 21, 2016 08:48 PM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi- Sounds like a good collection.

Here is the one that had played in my local cinema for years, up to about a year ago. I am really hoping to see this on super 8 one day:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJ2DoZnQtZI

Shawn Langrick
Junior

- posted May 21, 2016 10:03 PM      Profile for Shawn Langrick   Author's Homepage   Email Shawn Langrick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You can add my name as "order sent but not confirmed", I just sent an email to CHC with a firm commitment; I'll let you know when they respond.

I had hesitated on this since I focus mainly on 16mm now, but my thinking kept coming around to the fact that since I only got back into film in late 2013 (after a ~25 year break from junior high days) that meant that I had missed out on all the "new" stuff which came out in the 80's through early 2000's, so this is really my first, but hopefully not last, chance to get a newly minted print of anything .

And Osi, for what its worth, put me down for one of what you guys are working on as well.

-SDL

**************************** Update ****************************

Phil acknowledged my email this morning.

[ May 23, 2016, 11:47 AM: Message edited by: Shawn Langrick ]

Graham Sinden
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 22, 2016 05:47 PM      Profile for Graham Sinden   Email Graham Sinden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just Emailed my order to Phil. Hope he reads it.

Graham S

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted May 23, 2016 08:24 AM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Add Mark Mander for a copy as well please Adrian.

URGENT though I had an email from Phil, it was after the 3 rd I`d sent him and there does seem to be an email issue.

He is only aware of under 30 so far and I made it 36 people 42 actual copies at the time.

So if you haven`t heard back from Phil do please email CHC again so all the firm numbers are in.

Thanks Mark.

PS I make it 37 people now and 43 copies. And I think looking at that alone this would do everso well if it can happen as would very obviously do well with many other people.

Fingers crossed.

Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 23, 2016 09:25 AM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Email sent to chc, Mark

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

Rob Young.
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 23, 2016 01:35 PM      Profile for Rob Young.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd like very much to support this venture, but, I'd also rather like some degree of clarification.

1) I email who to say that I'd be interested in a new trailer reel?

2) I get what sort of confirmation? And in what time frame?

3) What is the realistic approximate cost?

4) Will the print be Acetate or Polyester - and given each alternative, what sort of magnetic stripe?

5) Content?

Best,

Rob.

I do understand that a degree of "code" may be needed as I've been around 8mm for a long time now, but any help would be appreciated...or a private message is fine.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted May 23, 2016 02:03 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
I can answer some Rob, even if not all, lol [Wink]

1/ phone or e mail Phil @ CHC. Alternatively, I can add your name tomorrow when I phone him if you like?

2/ I'd imagine the only conformation any of us get at this stage of the game, is to join the list here as Adrian has very kindly compiled for us all

3/ It has been suggested approx £35

4/Unknown I would have thought at this stage but I can ask Phil tomorrow of the probable outcome. I expect he'd know, if it were to materialize.

5/ I can PM you the titles. Please check your mailbox here.

--------------------

Rob Young.
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 24, 2016 03:29 AM      Profile for Rob Young.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Andrew and for the email.

I'll email CHC but if you are ringing him and want to mention my name that would be great.

Adrian, if you want to add me to the list.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted May 24, 2016 04:35 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
All done Mr Young.

I wasn't able to ask regarding stock type, expected date of arrival details etc as Phil wasn't there, but Denise has written down both of our requests on Phil's official list. [Smile]

Hopefully, once Adrian reads all this, he will update his list above to include you in it here also Rob. [Wink]

--------------------

Rob Young.
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 24, 2016 04:40 AM      Profile for Rob Young.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Andrew, I did email him as well.

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted May 24, 2016 05:41 AM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the latest posts - list updated accordingly. One forum member who didn't manage to confirm an order has been taken off the list, but can be reinstated if he gets in touch. Simon McConway was initially included as one of my 4 copies but as he's a forum member, I've added him and reduced my number to 3. The current number of prints ordered is 45, so an excellent response that must be unprecedented in recent times! I'll send the list to Phil late this evening so anyone who still wants to opt in (having emailed/phoned him an order beforehand) is still welcome to do so.

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that all the acetate stock has run out, so I'd expect this to be polyester if it proceeds. I expect single stripe is likely, although I'm not sure if the striping person has completely given up hope of adding a balance stripe.

CHC TRAILER REEL ORDERS (updated 24 May)
Jan Andresen*
John Armer
Dominique De Bast+
Chris Bird
Andreas Chmielewski*+
Alan Gouger
Jason Gronn*
Claus Harding
Bruno Heughebaert
Paul Hetherington*
Steve Klare
Shawn Langrick+
Michael Lattavo
Douglas Meltzer
Bob Nicholls
Ronan Nissenbaum
Antonio Costa Mota
Mark Mander
Simon McConway
Eivind Mork*+
Mark Norton
Vidar Olavesen (2 copies)
Murray Patterson*
Greg Perry
Bill Phelps (2 copies)
Tom Photiou
Stuart Reid
Ty Reynolds
Evan Samaras
Jason Schmidt
Graham Sinden
Jason Smith
Joe Taffis+
Mark Todd
David Watson
Mark Williams*
Adrian Winchester (3 copies)
Edgar de Wit*
Andrew Woodcock (2 copies)
Rob Young

+ = Order sent but it hasn't yet been acknowledged by CHC
* = Order confirmed on Facebook

[ May 24, 2016, 08:35 AM: Message edited by: Adrian Winchester ]

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted May 24, 2016 06:37 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
From what I'm seeing Adrian, sadly, it would appear so regarding the balance stripe situation.

Personally, I'm glad it would be on Polyester, if it goes ahead.

If it also somehow managed to contain a balance stripe, it would be the icing on the cake for me, and would also rejuvenate my interest in possibly buying some new features from the German labs in this era.

--------------------

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted May 24, 2016 07:46 AM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Andrew - I seem to recall hearing about tests some time ago that gave some cause for optimism regarding a balance stripe, but it's probably the case that they have so far failed to achieve consistently good results. But hopefully they might manage it one day.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted May 24, 2016 07:58 AM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just a quick note about the origins of this possible release.

Earlier in the year I was thinking about new releases and what would be a really good one that would catch the imagination of collectors and even the odd non collector.

I thought about it for a while and realised that these two trailers have a certain filmie conection and are also absolutely brilliant in thier own right and bound to be very interesting.

Around the same time Adrian has also had thoughts about the hateful 8 being a great idea himself.

We had both oddly had a feeling for a Tarantino release being great.

It all came together. I spoke to Phil in Mid march about the idea of a pre subscribed release, buidling numbers and support in advance and at the BFCC Adrian gauged intererst and spoke more with Phil about it all and things started to build.

Things kicked off from here to a point but I had became ill.

We opened this forum post through Doug in may after interest proved to be very high, and its grown and developed ever since with more support from more people.

And shows that with such a group and joined up effort just what can be done.

Best Mark.

[ May 26, 2016, 07:54 PM: Message edited by: Mark Todd ]

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted May 24, 2016 08:26 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Great job Mark, and indeed if only some of our remaining dealers would join in with the activity more here, surely they would have concluded what you have here, long ago.

It is the internet these days that brings about maximum exposure and attracts all interested parties to one central location with a transparency attachment to everyone all of its own. No magazine, telephone calls or even e mails nor even individual dealers web sites can possibly bring everyone together in the manner a forum of this magnitude can.
It's a central hub for almost everyone still interested in the hobby.

Way to go Mark! Fancy becoming a dealer? [Big Grin] [Wink]

--------------------

Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 24, 2016 09:21 AM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Mark, well that's really odd as I got an email from Phil at chc and he said you had nothing to do with organising it, as I remember your first post and you mentioned you had a conversation with Phil regarding a new release I found his reply a bit strange, I don't think I imagined it, another case of customer care.... NOT.

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

Rob Young.
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 24, 2016 09:32 AM      Profile for Rob Young.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm..see this is what concerns me slightly...

Anyway, I've had a email back saying looking for master material.

Get well soon, Mark. Really valiant effort with this whole venture from yourself and Adrian.

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted May 24, 2016 11:11 AM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Its all been a great group effort, no individuals as such, and hopefully shows a great way ahead and a template for future releases.

Wahey the 8mm forum, other forums and the handy net.

Well done lads.

Best Mark.

[ May 26, 2016, 07:57 PM: Message edited by: Mark Todd ]

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted May 24, 2016 02:44 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To be honest with you i think the trailer to hateful8,(if thats the one we are talking about) on the super 8 scope screen will be a great viewing, i was looking at the blu ray reviews and a lot of people are saying what a long drawn out boring film it is. Hopefully someone on here may put me right on that,(i was going to order it) BUT,
The trailers are superb, and would be a fantastic thing to have on the 8mm gauge in scope. Bang up to date and some pretty big actors names in there to, Bruce Dern, Michael Madson, Samuel Jackson, Kurt Russell and Tim Roth, and of course there is so little material if anything from Tarrantino.Fingers crossed for this one. [Wink] Oh, not to mention Morriconies latest as well. [Wink]

All times are Central
This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC