8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Possible CHC New Trailer Release (Page 6)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Author Topic: Possible CHC New Trailer Release
Jason Smith
Master Film Handler

- posted June 02, 2016 05:23 PM      Profile for Jason Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If the trailer could not be sourced on film, I wouldn't mind having a trailer sourced from a digital source.

|  IP: Logged

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted June 02, 2016 08:59 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The economical digital to 16mm method we know about doesn't apply to Super 8 so I think we need to know what the practicalities come down to.

Mark - are you referring to the German lab producing a 16mm negative from digital, that would then be used for Super 8 prints? I expect the results could be good in theory but some reassurance would be welcome. I could be wrong but I heard that an animated scope Super 8 release from roughly about two years ago was from a digital source, and I heard criticism of it being unusually soft.

Although a digital master might be better than no release, it would particularly be a shame with this release, as both films were of course shot on film and the latest one's 70mm release didn't even entail the use of a digital intermediate. So as a rare celebration of film surviving into the digital era, it could be unique, and that probably encouraged some to order.

All credit to Mark for approaching Mr T direct!

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted June 02, 2016 11:53 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, well done there Mark,I'd be interested to know what reaction he got!
I do hope the approach hasn't or does not fall on deaf ears given his support and affinity for "real" film.

Well done Mark for your continuing efforts with this one! [Smile]

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted June 03, 2016 02:32 AM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi I Spoke on the phone the other day initially, and asked then via email with links, for a price for a cropped from 2.35 anamorphic for a scope super 8 negative direct from Digital.

So 4/3 in the super 8 frame x 2 with no black bars, so very slightly cropped at the top and or bottom etc to get the full 2.66/1 format.

Its slightly more expensive than with film ( the prefered option ). Not heard back yet on costs etc.

Its just a viable option so good to see what people think.

I`ve not heard back from Mr T Himself yet but there are other routes. Hopefully he will/would think its great allround.

Best Mark.

Steven J Kirk
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 03, 2016 07:17 AM      Profile for Steven J Kirk   Email Steven J Kirk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tarantino is represented by the William Morris Agency I believe. He could be contacted there. I think he would give his blessing to the super 8 trailer project, waive any rights and that would make it an 'official' release...

--------------------
VistaVision
Motion Picture High-Fidelity

Stuart Reid
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 03, 2016 09:27 AM      Profile for Stuart Reid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 03, 2016 09:30 AM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
So as a rare celebration of film surviving into the digital era, it could be unique, and that probably encouraged some to order

I'm one of those... [Wink]

--------------------
Joe Taffis

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted June 03, 2016 11:40 AM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very nice Stuart, that looks ready for the job.

Best Mark.

Ronan Nissenbaum
Junior

- posted June 27, 2016 08:17 PM      Profile for Ronan Nissenbaum   Email Ronan Nissenbaum   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Any progress on receiving a source for the trailers?

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 01, 2016 07:58 PM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would consider purchasing one if it is sourced from film. In my opinion, once you mix digital into the super 8 film process, it compromises the analog feel of film.

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted July 12, 2016 03:37 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm please to report there has been some progress. Phil has advised: "Have a master already on the first film, but the newest is a challenge." So at least we can just focus on obtaining (or perhaps borrowing) the other one! If the next attempts are not productive, asking Mr T must be worth a try.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted July 12, 2016 03:57 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Great news so far then Adrian! [Smile] [Wink]

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

All times are Central
This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC