8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Lovers and Other Strangers feature? Ken films

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Lovers and Other Strangers feature? Ken films
Evan Samaras
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 25, 2016 11:23 PM      Profile for Evan Samaras   Author's Homepage   Email Evan Samaras   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It looks like I have come across the feature for Lovers and other Strangers. It is 5x400' reels. The leader looks like it says Ken films (it's all original leader). Did Ken films also release features? I haven't seen any around from them (still new and learning though!) so I was curious if anyone could tell me more about their features and if they know anything about this one specifically. It looks like it's probably turning red. I hope to screen it within the next few days. Thanks!

--------------------
...When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the Earth...

|  IP: Logged

Douglas Meltzer

- posted May 26, 2016 08:41 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Evan,

Lovers and Other Strangers is from ABC Pictures. Ken Films distributed their releases. Here are two threads about the ABC/Ken Super 8mm features:

ABC/Ken 1
ABC/Ken 2

Here's some info on Ken & their other features:

Ken Films 1
Ken Films 2

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted May 26, 2016 11:34 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not really, this was part of the series of "edited" features released by ABC films that could only run up to 5X400ft and, depending on the edit, would either be fairly complete (if the feature actually ran about 75 minutes, as in "The Adventures of tom sawyer, one of the releases), or be quite an edit down, as in the case of most of these releases.

They were released on either Eastman quick fade stocks or kodak SP and in nearly all cases, there are varying degrees of fade. Also, the print quality could really vary from very grainy/dirty looking, to negative material that would be just right to overexposed on the next reel. Some of them were OK (like Tom Sawyer). but on the whole, just good, not very good, but just good.

"Lovers and Other Strangers' i wouldn't mind finding if the 400ft had the full song "For All we Know" which is a lovely Oscar winning song and the edit of the scene (the actual wedding) is very lovely. brings a tear to my eye every time I see it.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Evan Samaras
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 26, 2016 02:19 PM      Profile for Evan Samaras   Author's Homepage   Email Evan Samaras   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This information has been very informative! Thanks guys!

I expect fading, but will post some screen shots when I run it!

--------------------
...When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the Earth...

Gary Crawford
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 27, 2016 07:14 AM      Profile for Gary Crawford     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have two ABC features...both have held color very well. I bought Take the Money and Run brand new when released, and it looks exactly the same now, colorwise. My Airplane also looks as it did originally. At the time I bought them, I thought they were slightly brownish, but they've stayed the same.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC