8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Eumig R2000 rubber feet help

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Eumig R2000 rubber feet help
John Grieve
Junior

- posted July 13, 2016 03:22 AM      Profile for John Grieve   Email John Grieve   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi - have replaced the rotted rubber feet at the back of this machine. The two screws screw in the metal chassis inside the plastic cabinet. I'm having trouble with the 2 front screws, as they appear (although I can't get to them or see them), to have nuts on the other side of the plastic case. Is this correct? If yes, how do I access them?

|  IP: Logged

Will Trenfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 14, 2016 05:45 PM      Profile for Will Trenfield   Email Will Trenfield   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know much about the R2000. Older Eumigs I've bought used nylon feet attached to a post with a circlip. The nylon had usually gone brittle if not broken. After removing the remnants, I just fitted self-adhesive felt disks, the sort sold for use on furniture to protect floors. I know they're not original but they're cheap and would save you the hassle.

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted July 14, 2016 09:01 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I took one of these apart a couple of years back. It is the puzzle box of movie projectors! The hardware holding the case was so cleverly hidden they may as well have written "Want in? Buy the service manual, you cheapskate!" on the nameplate.

If Will's fix works for you it's definitely the lesser of evils here.

You could even get correctly sized rubbed feet and glue 'em on!

(I won't tell if you don't...)

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Josef Grassmann
Expert Film Handler

- posted July 17, 2016 06:47 AM      Profile for Josef Grassmann   Author's Homepage   Email Josef Grassmann   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, you are right. There are M3 Nuts inside.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC