8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » History of Sankyo projectors?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: History of Sankyo projectors?
Garth Tiffen
Junior

- posted August 03, 2016 11:45 PM      Profile for Garth Tiffen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey all, I recently had picked up a Sankyo 700, which I had some speed problems with, and despite some great advice from folks on this forum, turned out there were more issues than originally thought, and that projector remains a work in progress....in the interim however, I picked up a Sankyo Sound 460, locally which is I can almost describe as new old-old stock, and is a thing of beauty! (And now I've learned my lesson...bought the 700 and an LD player on eBay, neither time did it end happily as opposed to all my local buys... And not to disparage any forum member who sells on eBay...these two just didn't work out well for me personally, and now that I belong to this forum I would deal with folks here first)
these experiences did make me look online for info on the history of these machines and the company, however, but i came up blank, aside from some you tube videos on specific projectors and scenarios....so just throwing this out there; anyone have information on the history of the company, and chronology of the projectors released?

|  IP: Logged

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted August 04, 2016 05:35 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sankyo Seiki Mfg Co Ltd was founded in Tokyo, Japan in 1946. I think it is quite possible that they, in one form or another, are still in business.

Taking the following information from the late Super 8 Database their production of projectors was quite impressive.

Dualux-85, Dualux-1000, Dualux-1000H, Dualux-2000H.
Sound OMS-600, Sound OMS-650, Sound OMS-750T, Sound OMS-850T, Sound OMS-880ST.
Sound 301, Sound 401, Sound 460, Sound 500, Sound 501, Sound 502, Sound 600, Sound 662, Sound 700, Sound 702, Sound 760, Sound 762.
Stereo 800.
Super 8, Super LM.
P-1500, P-1600.

Years of production were from 1965 to 1982, (not all, of course!).

--------------------
Maurice

James Wilson
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 04, 2016 06:49 AM      Profile for James Wilson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
These are among my favorite 8mm projectors, Sankyo are very reliable.

--------------------
James Wilson

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted August 04, 2016 09:09 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If we open a today's music box...it will be Sankyo...at least those sold in Asia.

Sankyo was also selling tape deck and several electronic components.

But what I found today is only those musical box.

--------------------
Winbert

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted August 04, 2016 12:31 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maurice is right : Sankyo is still in business (but sadly not cine related) : http://www.nidec-sankyo.co.jp/english/corporate/history.html

--------------------
Dominique

Garth Tiffen
Junior

- posted August 04, 2016 05:56 PM      Profile for Garth Tiffen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Awesome thanks folks! A fount of knowledge flowed forth lol:)...Interesting to see how much this company morphed over the years, and nice to see all the models of projectors laid out here

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC