8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Halco Films, Los Angeles

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Halco Films, Los Angeles
Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted August 27, 2016 03:50 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wondered if anyone might be able to shed any light on this obscure distributor that I think was only briefly active in the 1980s. I have an original box with their stamp, that indicates they were in Yucca Street. The one item I have is a trailer to 'The Kids Are Alright', the 1979 film about The Who. However, I briefly had a trailer to 'The Song Remains the Same', featuring Led Zeppelin, that I think they were also responsible for. Maybe it was a one man operation, involving someone who wanted to see more rock music on Super 8!

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

|  IP: Logged

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 27, 2016 08:26 PM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Adrian,
I have one of their catalogues. I could scan it for you [Smile]

--------------------
Joe Taffis

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted August 27, 2016 10:20 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joe,
Many thanks for the offer. If it's not too much trouble, I'd be very interested to see it. They clearly released far more than I might have guessed. [Smile]

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC