8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » My Home Cinema Video

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My Home Cinema Video
Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted September 01, 2016 07:12 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here is an updated version of my home cinema video, as featured in Keith Wilton's Armchair Odeon's 2.
Editing has been carried out to show the recent changes to the screen and décor of the room.
Posted by kind permission of Keith Wilton and The Sprocket Hole Ealing, and the British Film Collectors Convention.
Hope you enjoy your visit! [Smile]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vo6rAuL4VXc

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

|  IP: Logged

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted September 01, 2016 07:49 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Superb, Paul!

-I showed it to the household and they remembered you instantly!

(Think I'll rename mine the Stevonium now!)

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Roger Shunk
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 01, 2016 08:02 PM      Profile for Roger Shunk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Excellent presentation Paul I liked it so much I watched it twice! [Smile]

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted September 01, 2016 09:14 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Of course as said many times previously from watching this video of Paul's on the BFCC discs many times over,Paul here has a dream home cinema, I fully appreciate his enthusiasm for the S938 even if the Pathe Baby just passed me by in all of my years of this hobby.

Born too late sadly.

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted September 01, 2016 09:35 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul does it the way I do (even though I really have no choice!). He has a comfortable room that is useful for life in general that easily goes into Cinema mode whenever he needs it.

I really admire the collectors that set up small theaters in their homes right down to theater seats, projection booths, snack bars and even ticket booths, but our house isn't big enough to dedicate a whole room (or whole floor), so the cinema is also our general family space. The screen lives inside the living room window's curtains. The "sound system" is also the "stereo".

My wife is very good about all this: she lives with two projectors and a mixer at the far end of the dining room table most of the time. I on the other hand keep the peace by...de-cinemizing whenever needed!

-

(Third Grade: Now he'd do a PowerPoint!)

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Barry Fritz
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 01, 2016 10:53 PM      Profile for Barry Fritz   Email Barry Fritz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fantastic Paul! I hope you do not suffer any damage from hurricane Hermine.

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted September 02, 2016 12:30 AM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brilliant Paul [Cool] I remember seeing your home cinema on one of those Armchair Odeon VHS tapes, I bought from Derann many moons ago. [Smile]

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted September 02, 2016 05:17 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
I think most of what has been highlighted here recently on the forum regarding different people's home cinemas, the two Keith's seen here recently for example...have all been featured in one BFCC video or another. [Smile] [Smile]

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted September 09, 2016 06:48 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks to everyone for the nice comments.
I think one of the many joys of a home cinema is that it is never completed, there is always something new to do or some improvement to be made. In the years since I started on this, I think the most impactive upgrade was something as simple as installing black and burgundy panels below the ceiling. These panels cut back reflection onto the screen enormously and made a huge boost in picture contrast and apparent sharpness for both film and digital presentations. Obviously the best picture would be obtained if the room was simply all black, but then you would have a cold tomb to sit in with no ambience to the room. The trick is to keep the room attractive and minimize back reflections as much as possible, and I have found that black and/or dark coloured ceiling panels do make a huge difference.
And its cheap!

-

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted September 10, 2016 02:40 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fantastic Paul,
I do wish i was more of a handy man, i do have a dedicated room but i do struggle with DIY projects. I really must make the effort and get the red curtains for the screen, i think this just makes it. Great stuff Paul. [Wink]

Antoine Orsero
Master Film Handler

- posted September 10, 2016 02:55 AM      Profile for Antoine Orsero   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Superb Paul.I envy you

--------------------
Tony

Roger Shunk
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 12, 2016 06:01 PM      Profile for Roger Shunk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes Paul talked me into making the panels and told me how to do it for our home theatre and it does make a difference!

Thanks Paul [Smile]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC