8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » a bit O ebay advice ...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: a bit O ebay advice ...
Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted September 07, 2016 12:16 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just a bit of advice for my fellow collectors ...

I won "Saps At Sea" primarliy due to one reason in particular ...

The seller had 16.00 dollars for a shipping amount. I'm sure that a lot of people were saying, "Heck I'm not going to bid that up with a shipping amoutn like that!"

I did a very simple thing that can work for anybody ...

ASK the seller if he's be willing to ship by, in this case, MEDIA MAIL ...

... which brought the shipping down from 16.00 dollars to 6.00 dollars.
I have found that, as a general rule, most sellers will be obliging when it comes to shipping, and while media does take a bit longer, it has tracking and is pretty darned secure. I have never personally had a media mail package I have mailed come up missing (knock on wood) and i have never had a media mail package coming to me not arrive.

Just a little advice that can pay great dividends. [Smile]

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

|  IP: Logged

Kenneth DePriest Jr
Film Handler

- posted September 07, 2016 12:47 PM      Profile for Kenneth DePriest Jr   Email Kenneth DePriest Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Some sellers use "pack and ship " stores. they may have fed ex and USPS logo's everywhere, but these are private franchises, they triple the shipping cost, thats how they make money. whenever I see a shipping amount thats three times what the real rate is, it could mean it's a pack and ship store. they even triple the postage rate on things even when you bring them completely packed. i'ts hoe they make money.

Roger Shunk
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 12, 2016 07:44 PM      Profile for Roger Shunk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great advise Osi because I too held off buying films off Ebay simply because their shipping was too high!
[Smile]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC