8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Eumig parts needed

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Eumig parts needed
Bill Brandenstein
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 13, 2016 12:47 AM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Over the years I've made mention of missing Eumig parts but have yet to have a solution in hand.

The first is the mini rollers where the film exits Eumig 800-series machines. Here's a photo of the exit path with the little cover removed, where a pair of these rollers fits on each of two little shafts. My machine came with 2 or 3 of these missing!
 -

And here are closeups of the rollers, which are tiny and only a few mm in size:

-
 -

That makes for nice closeups but I should've included a ruler!

The other problem is the supply reel spindle sleeve; sure, you can use any std-8mm to super 8 adapter, except the result is invariably wobbly. Eumig's OEM sleeve fits tightly and gives more stability than anything else I've found.

-
 -

As you can see from the final photo, the critical nub is broken off and gone. That's what snaps the reel into its place and holds it on the sleeve - and spindle. Yes, I've ended up with reels on the floor. Then the piece broke off altogether as shown.

Do these original parts exist anywhere anymore? Edwin, are you reading? Can you take this on and get the exact tolerances necessary to make this fit perfectly (no doubt you can), and be strong and flexible like the original plastic? Well, I guess it wasn't too strong and flexible, now, was it?

|  IP: Logged

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted September 13, 2016 12:54 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bolex in Switzerland has genuine spares for Eumig but they are not cheap at all. http://www.bolex.ch/NEW/?p=1

--------------------
Dominique

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted September 13, 2016 01:39 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
So it's pretty much the same story then chaps, no matter who is supplying brand new genuine spare parts or no matter what make, model and value of machine, they are being subsequently supplied for!

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted September 13, 2016 03:01 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bill
Van Eck can supply the spool adapters. An email to Edwin might help with the rollers.
http://shop.van-eck.net/PP-0006.html

--------------------
Maurice

Edwin van Eck
Master Film Handler

- posted September 13, 2016 06:20 AM      Profile for Edwin van Eck   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yes, we have the supply reel adaptors for sale.

The film rollers also soon. We have now several prototypes in test. I think these film rollers for Eumig 6 and 8 series projectors (these are different) are available in 1-2 months from know!

Please use the Van Eck Video Services - spare parts finder: http://van-eck.net/itable.php?lang=en&size=0&cat=film&merk=none&type=none

If you can not find the part you are looking please, please let me know!

--------------------
Edwin van Eck
Van Eck Video Services

Bill Brandenstein
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 13, 2016 10:27 AM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Edwin, your website is set up VERY nicely. In spite of that, I missed the page where you can sort by projector model last night! I'd like to order what I need all at once, of course. I'll be watching for your mini rollers to become available, although maybe I should offer my services for testing them. [Wink]

I also sent a message through the Bolex website just to see what they have to say, but they're "on holiday" all week, so I won't get to find out right away what "really expensive" means.

My thanks to you all. Really appreciate this. So quick and helpful!

Edwin van Eck
Master Film Handler

- posted October 31, 2017 03:30 AM      Profile for Edwin van Eck   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Bill,

It this what you are looking for?

https://www.van-eck.net/itable.php?lang=en&size=0&cat=film&merk=57&type=Mark%20S%20802%20D

Per projector you can find the parts available!

--------------------
Edwin van Eck
Van Eck Video Services

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted October 31, 2017 04:43 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bill, to give you an idea, in 2013, 5 rollers (actually half rollers, I mean one part of the two needed if you lost the complete set), costed 40 euros. That's what I call very expensive.

--------------------
Dominique

Gary Sayers
Film Handler

- posted October 31, 2017 05:22 AM      Profile for Gary Sayers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had the same problem of needing rollers and a spindle for my Eumig S810D about 5 years ago. I solved it by buying a none-working model off eBay for £12 and just stripped it down for all the parts.

Bill Brandenstein
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 31, 2017 03:49 PM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
More expensive than platinum! Wow!

Thank you, Edwin, yes your web site is looking great! Any chance the micro rollers will make an appearance soon?

My 810D is running because of rollers cannibalized from a spare machine. I'd like to be able to use the spare machine too. [Smile]

Edwin van Eck
Master Film Handler

- posted November 28, 2017 03:03 AM      Profile for Edwin van Eck   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Bill,

The rollers for the Eumig 824 series are ready. See: https://shop.van-eck.net/PP-0197.html?_globalsearch=824

About the Eumig 810D, I have put the rollers for these on our project to-do list. Ref nr is: PP-0237

I will post a message on the forum when these are ready for sale.

--------------------
Edwin van Eck
Van Eck Video Services

Edwin van Eck
Master Film Handler

- posted May 25, 2018 09:03 AM      Profile for Edwin van Eck   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good news, the guide rollers for the Eumig Mark S810 (among others) is ready !

First I was under the impression that most of the guide rollers are the same. However I found out that there are many variants/sizes available. So I have now already 4 differents sets available.

-

Eumig Mark S802, S807, S810, S OM - Film guide rollers (set of 2) - PP-0163 (new)

Fits among others the following projectors:
- Eumig Mark S 802 series
- Eumig Mark S 807 series
- Eumig Mark S 810 series
- Eumig Mark S OM

Set of 2 guide rollers (2 rollers needed per axis)

Weight: 1 gram.
Size:
Height: 4,1 mm
Diameter: 5,8 mm
Axis hole: 3,2 mm

Design by 3dformadesign.nl
Made in the Netherlands

--------------------
Edwin van Eck
Van Eck Video Services

Bill Brandenstein
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 25, 2018 01:54 PM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As I said on the other thread, well done, Edwin!

There are a lot of 800-series machines that can now be brought back from dormancy due to this!

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC