8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » User Manual Eumig Mark 510D

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: User Manual Eumig Mark 510D
Pete Nadin
Junior

- posted September 13, 2016 06:13 AM      Profile for Pete Nadin   Email Pete Nadin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here's my first post guys into your forum. I'm really hoping someone out there can help me.

My 90 year old uncle recently passed away and during the horrid job of clearing the house out, we came across his EUMIG MARK 510D projector together with all the reels of when his son and I were kids [some 40 years ago now!!]. I was delighted to find this wonderful memory inducing item but with regret there is no user manual. Although I used to watch my uncle load the reels and get it working, its too far back to even attempt this from memory. A user manual would at least help me get it working and then I can plan on having the long awaited re-union with my cousin and watch our childhood in film. Both my parents are still around and they too would dearly love to watch these movies all over again and in the way they were meant to be viewed, by projecting onto a wall in the lounge!

Here's hoping someone can help.
Many thanks in advance. Pete

|  IP: Logged

Will Trenfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 13, 2016 07:32 AM      Profile for Will Trenfield   Email Will Trenfield   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
See here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeiWmJJZ5iE

Edwin van Eck
Master Film Handler

- posted September 13, 2016 09:35 AM      Profile for Edwin van Eck   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And for more information / spare parts, etc, for the Eumig Mark 510D, see: http://www.van-eck.net/itable.php?lang=en&size=0&cat=film&merk=57&type=Mark%20510D

--------------------
Edwin van Eck
Van Eck Video Services

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted September 13, 2016 03:07 PM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pete
I am sure the video will probably show all you need to operate your projector, but if you need a paper copy of the instruction book you can get one from the U.S. on eBay.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Eumig-Mark-510D-Mark-510D-Projector-Instruction-Manual-/371327112208

--------------------
Maurice

Will Trenfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 13, 2016 04:53 PM      Profile for Will Trenfield   Email Will Trenfield   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kodak hit on the idea of supplying processed film in cartridges to make loading easier. The Eumig 510D was produced in 1971 to cater for this. Fitting an adaptor meant that films on reels could be shown instead. The cartridge idea never really took off and only 40,000 510D's were made. It's a dual gauge projector capable of showing both super 8 and standard 8 films with the gauge lever set as appropriate. You'll need to identify the gauge of the film you want to show. See here http://www.filmfix.com/super-8-normal-8-spule-erkennung-format.asp
The bulb is readily available and a drive belt for a 501D fits. You can find both on eBay.

Pete Nadin
Junior

- posted September 14, 2016 02:24 AM      Profile for Pete Nadin   Email Pete Nadin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Gents, many thanks for your responses. I will review the e-bay and you-tube footage over the weekend when I have a bit more time and hopefully this will get me up and running. Great to hear from you.
Cheers, Pete

Clinton Hunt
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 18, 2017 04:59 PM      Profile for Clinton Hunt   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi fellow film collectors,
I have just won one of these in great condition,I know it plays normal film reels but I would like to see it run the cartridge as well [Smile]
Where can I get one or does anyone have one they will part with?
Cheers,Clinton in New Zealand [Smile]

--------------------
Cheers from me in New Zealand :-)

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted February 18, 2017 06:10 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
and a pint of what you're on please, Clinton! [Big Grin] [Wink]

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Clinton Hunt
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 18, 2017 06:44 PM      Profile for Clinton Hunt   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So Andrew am I dreeeeeaming! [Smile]

--------------------

Clinton Hunt
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 20, 2017 05:12 AM      Profile for Clinton Hunt   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well well it has a cartridge with it 🙂
It's only for 50ft films but it's good enough for demonstrating 🙂
Just need and English manual [Smile]

--------------------

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted February 20, 2017 05:59 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Clinton
For an instruction manual see my reply above dated September 13, 2016. They are still available from the US on eBay.

--------------------
Maurice

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC