8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » CineSea 14 is in on the Takeup Reel! (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: CineSea 14 is in on the Takeup Reel!
Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted September 21, 2016 12:00 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
CineSea 14: October21- 23rd 2016! Ocean Holiday Hotel, Wildwood, New Jersey

-

December 2009, Film Collector’s Club International meets for the First Time at the Bolero Hotel in Wildwood New Jersey. Later on this was renamed “CineSea 1”.

A great weekend is coming your way in exactly one month! Here is the chance to spend time away from your daily grind: to relax among friends enjoying something really great!

Since that first frosty weekend in December, 2009, CineSea has been gathering film collectors from near and far and just for a few short days at a time building a community of small gauge film collectors: we come, we schmooze, we watch, we eat, we buy, sell and trade, we pack up and leave. (Don’t blink: it’s gone as quickly as it arrived!). During those couple of days we make friends, we learn from each other, we relax and have what used to be called “good, clean fun”.

-

May, 2010: Lou Franchetti at our new Venue, the Ocean Holiday Motor Inn. We are not called CineSea yet, but this would be called “CineSea 2” soon.

The “Official” CineSea is Saturday: all the way from breakfast up the boardwalk until the big screen finally goes dark in the weary hours of Sunday (-so late, some might call it “early”!). There’s breakfast and dinner, there’s film sales all day and there’s a dueling Super-8/16mm show of short films after dinner at a nice local restaurant.

-but there’s more to this than just the official! Friday night we have a feature film that is voted in by the audience. There is breakfast out Sunday morning. Some even come on Thursday for a day of ocean breezes, peace and quiet! In a real sense it doesn’t end until Claus Harding’s photo essay is complete: it’s all part of the tradition.

-

October 2012: Dino Everette in the booth at the Sea Theater, CineSea 3.

There’s an atmosphere during CineSea that’s tangible. It’s the enthusiasm of a bunch of film collectors concentrated in one place. As much as I surround myself with films and machines back at the house, I’ve never really felt it as much on my own: you need to be there.

-

May 2012: John Capazzo talks film with Steve Osborne at CineSea 5.

The Ocean Holiday is nobody’s Waldorf Astoria: no, it’s much better than that! It is friendly and comfortable, yet clean and affordable too. It’s a staircase and a short walk between your room and the main goings-on in the Hospitality Room, and the view off the upper deck goes great with a cup of coffee.

-

October 2013: A hearty breakfast before a Saturday of Film, CineSea 8.

So, if you’ve never been, please think about it. Depending on where you start out, this could be anything from an hour Saturday afternoon to a week on the Jersey Shore. For we regulars, part of the joy of it is meeting new people, so we like to encourage people to beam down from cyberspace and step out into the three dimensional world of film collecting for a weekend with us.

A great weekend is coming your way in exactly one month!

-Are you in?

-

April 2015: The 7th Voyage of Sinbad, our first Friday Night Feature at CineSea 11

Here is helpful travel information!

Venue:

The Ocean Holiday Resort
6501 Ocean Avenue
Wildwood Crest, NJ 08260
609-729-2900 Reserve early to get Oceanfront rooms with private balconies!

http://www.oceanholiday.com/

Admission:

$5.00, free to those who are staying at the Ocean Holiday.

Dealer tables are available for only $20 each. To reserve a table you can email/PM Doug Meltzer or Lou Franchetti.

Directions:

From North; Garden State Parkway to Exit 4, follow Rio Grande Ave to end. Right on Ocean Ave. Follow to Ocean Holiday on left 6501 Ocean Ave. From West and South: Rt 76 (east) or Rt 95 (north) to Walt Whitman Bridge. Follow Rt. 42 to Atlantic City Expressway. Take Exit 7 (Garden St Parkway South) Follow same as north.

-

April 2016: The Gang’s MOSTLY here, with room for more! CineSea 13.

[ September 21, 2016, 02:11 PM: Message edited by: Steve Klare ]

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

|  IP: Logged

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted September 21, 2016 12:23 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Bolero was a fun-time, John Black worked hard on that - I just worked on buying films - Shorty

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted September 21, 2016 12:49 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
-seems like a long time ago, doesn't it?

(Then again in certain respects like five minutes ago!)

--------------------

Evan Samaras
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 21, 2016 03:29 PM      Profile for Evan Samaras   Author's Homepage   Email Evan Samaras   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Room booked and ready for the weekend getaway!

--------------------
...When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the Earth...

Guy Taylor, Jr.
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 21, 2016 03:44 PM      Profile for Guy Taylor, Jr.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
By gosh you talked me into going. Actually I booked my room earlier today. Às always, I will be bootlegging a couple of cases of Lone Star beer across nine state lines.

--------------------
Guy Taylor

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted September 21, 2016 03:54 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I reserved my room today too!

-I guess after all that build-up I'm almost obligated to show up!

--------------------

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted September 22, 2016 10:08 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So am I...why i don't know

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted September 22, 2016 03:18 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When I called the Ocean Holiday yesterday the lady at the front desk asked "Last name?"

I said "K-l-a-r-e" (We always do this, otherwise all our stuff winds up filed under "C"...)

She said "Oh!, hi Steve!"

-Guess we're regulars there!

--------------------

John Armer
Expert Film Handler

- posted September 22, 2016 05:13 PM      Profile for John Armer   Email John Armer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steve, I'm seriously thinking about coming next year. It's a long trip from the UK, but NJ has cine and Doo Wop motels!

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted September 22, 2016 05:28 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We look forward to it, John!

-kind of a shame: Wildwood's Fabulous Fifties weekend is the weekend before CineSea!

Wildwood Fun Fact:

-It's where Chubby Checker first publicly performed "The Twist".

A couple of years ago the Fifties weekend was scheduled for the same weekend as CineSea. The Doo Wop wound up canceled and hotels all up and down the strip called it a season a week early.

-The Ocean Holiday stayed open, just for us!

--------------------

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted September 23, 2016 08:39 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John, please do come see us - Tell all your mates - We'd love the exchange of information and film - Cheers, Shorty

Nicole Tucky
Film Handler

- posted September 27, 2016 04:43 PM      Profile for Nicole Tucky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for posting that cute photo of us, Steve! Cannot wait to see my CinSea peeps. <3 :-)

--------------------
Crimson Ghost Girl

"Life is like a box chocolates - you never know what you're gonna get." - Forrest Gump

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted September 27, 2016 05:02 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I might be that chap (with his back to the camera), talking with John in photo 1 - I do recall spending alot of time with him, since it was our first show - Shorty

Claus Harding
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 27, 2016 10:52 PM      Profile for Claus Harding   Email Claus Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looking forward to be "by the sea" with everyone again. I haven't been posting much, due to a variety of things, but I have kept up on forum goings-on.
See you all in Wildwood!

Claus.

--------------------
"Why are there shots of deserts in a scene that's supposed to take place in Belgium during the winter?" (Review of 'Battle of the Bulge'.)

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted September 28, 2016 06:37 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ah Claus, our intrepid photographer and chronicler of the times - See you soon - Shorty

Louis Franchetti
Expert Film Handler

- posted September 29, 2016 04:24 AM      Profile for Louis Franchetti   Author's Homepage   Email Louis Franchetti   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Claus great to hear from you and steve excellent post you talked me into it

--------------------
Louis Franchetti

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted September 29, 2016 05:46 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
-wouldn't be the same without you, Lou!

(Literally!)

--------------------

Todd N. Tuckey
Film Handler

- posted October 03, 2016 01:37 PM      Profile for Todd N. Tuckey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tammy and Todd Tuckey are on board and booked!!!

--------------------
Todd N. Tuckey

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted October 14, 2016 07:15 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Friday Night Feature is one week from tonight!

What will it be?

--------------------

Guy Taylor, Jr.
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 17, 2016 01:21 PM      Profile for Guy Taylor, Jr.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well I am about to start loading the trunk of my car with boxes of films. Yes it is that close. I will leave early tomorrow morning to begin the first leg of my journey. Tomorrow afternoon; a stopover in Chattanooga. The next day, Northern Virginia. On Thursday I will board the ferry to Cape May and on to Wildwood.

--------------------
Guy Taylor

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted October 17, 2016 01:44 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We're headed down after work Friday night...

-somehow it doesn't have quite the same sense of adventure!

Godspeed, Guy!

--------------------

Guy Taylor, Jr.
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 17, 2016 03:42 PM      Profile for Guy Taylor, Jr.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Steve; really looking forward to this.

--------------------
Guy Taylor

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted October 17, 2016 03:45 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Guy, anything in the 8mm gauges?

Guy Taylor, Jr.
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 17, 2016 04:53 PM      Profile for Guy Taylor, Jr.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nearly everything I am bringing is 8mm. Features, digests, and a few surprises.

--------------------
Guy Taylor

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted October 18, 2016 06:30 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great, maybe some of my most-wanted are there

All times are Central
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC