8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » CineSea 14 is in on the Takeup Reel! (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: CineSea 14 is in on the Takeup Reel!
Guy Taylor, Jr.
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 20, 2016 01:51 PM      Profile for Guy Taylor, Jr.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The delegate from Texas has arrived.

--------------------
Guy Taylor

|  IP: Logged

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted October 20, 2016 03:10 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
See you on the other side tomorrow night!

-headed for Uncle Bill's tomorrow?

(The one in Cape May only closes for Hurricanes!)

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Todd N. Tuckey
Film Handler

- posted October 20, 2016 04:55 PM      Profile for Todd N. Tuckey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cant wait to get there!

--------------------
Todd N. Tuckey

Rob Young.
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 20, 2016 05:02 PM      Profile for Rob Young.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Please post loads of pics & videos so we can all enjoy it on the other side of the pond!

[Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

Guy Taylor, Jr.
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 20, 2016 05:26 PM      Profile for Guy Taylor, Jr.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steve, I think that breakfast restaurant in the hotel next door will be a good enough replacement. If they close early then the Uncle Bill's in Cape May it is.

--------------------
Guy Taylor

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted October 20, 2016 10:25 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds fine!

The walk there and back is almost as good as the breakfast!

--------------------

Guy Taylor, Jr.
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 21, 2016 10:26 AM      Profile for Guy Taylor, Jr.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The breakfast restaurant next door is also closed.

--------------------
Guy Taylor

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted October 21, 2016 10:59 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Man!

-you get to this time of the year, the Garden State Parkway is just a black tube through space! Almost two hours of just keeping it between the lines! It takes a lot out of you that the daylight trip home just doesn't.

It's the same thing every time: Mile 120, 100, 80, 60, 40, Atlantic City around mile 30, the big bridge at Great Egg Harbor at mile 20 and finally the exit for Wildwood at mile post 4.

It's all worth it: We are here!

--------------------

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted October 22, 2016 08:27 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Update: I am live at Saturday Night Show and the Gang's all here!

It's only a little after 9PM, so we are barely started!

--------------------

Mathew James
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 22, 2016 08:46 PM      Profile for Mathew James   Email Mathew James   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lucky Dogs!!!
Enjoy! Keep us posted.

--------------------
--
Cheers,
Matt 📽

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted October 22, 2016 11:11 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Join us when you can, Matt!

It's midnight, and we're still going!

--------------------

Guy Taylor, Jr.
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 23, 2016 05:51 AM      Profile for Guy Taylor, Jr.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What great fun. This has been a fantastic weekend.

--------------------
Guy Taylor

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted October 23, 2016 06:08 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I hope you will post pictures soon.

--------------------
Dominique

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted October 23, 2016 08:13 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Claus is on the job!

Something I learned the last time is doing it right takes some thought and some time.

--------------------

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted October 23, 2016 01:16 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I watched some of Claus's live feed on Facebook. Looked great.

Melvin England
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 23, 2016 01:27 PM      Profile for Melvin England     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wish the live feed had been promoted on this forum. I would have liked to have seen it.

--------------------
"My name is for my friends!"

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted October 23, 2016 04:08 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gentlemen, our show ended, but will come again in April - It was wonderful, enjoyable and another chance to hob-knob with some of the finest minds in film - Bless all the great people who accomodate our show - Most especial rthanks to Jason Smith, all the way from Japan, Matt Lottavo from Ohio and Guy Taylor from Texas - Special appreciative thanks to Doug Meltzer, technician par excellance, Claus Harding, the finest photographer I know and (I know I'll miss naming some); Lou Franchetti and Lou Jr., Joe Vannicola, Gary Sloan, Gary Crawford, Geoff Curtis, Todd Tuckey, Joe Greisbach and we had the extra pleasure of fine films, food and drink with endless conversation and laughter - To the memory of John Black, I thank you - Shorty

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted October 23, 2016 05:31 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
From the pictures and videos taken during the preceeding editions, it seems to be always great meetings. No doubt it has been nice this time as well. How could it go wrong as long as you have nice films to watch with nice people to enjoy with you ? And I don't mention the food :-)

--------------------
Dominique

Mathew James
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 23, 2016 10:34 PM      Profile for Mathew James   Email Mathew James   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I look so forward to the reports and pics....
you gents must realize how much we who have not made it(yet) drool to see such fine pics of tables full of films, projectors a-plenty, etc... envy isn't a proper word here, more like great appreciation for the effort you guys put into this hobby....
Congrats to those who made it...Amazing Jason flew all the way from Japan! We have no excuse!!!!

--------------------
--
Cheers,
Matt 📽

Claus Harding
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 24, 2016 05:16 AM      Profile for Claus Harding   Email Claus Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A great CineSea 14 with all the "requirements": good friends, good films, crazy stories and excellent food! We kicked off with a bang (several, actually) screening Cameron's "Aliens" on Friday, and from there, we just kept going through 'til Sunday about noon.
Re: the Facebook Live feed: I did it on the spur of the moment to test it for future use. It is a great tool for such events; if one gets some folks together for comments, it becomes like a mini-TV broadcast, so we'll see about pre-planning this for next time. Melvin, If you want, "friend request" me on Facebook under my name, Claus Harding, and you can then see the live feed as it is saved on my time line.

Pics will be forthcoming, please be patient :-) I'll get them done as soon as I can.

Thanks to everyone who attended and helped make this yet another memorable getaway.

Claus.

--------------------
"Why are there shots of deserts in a scene that's supposed to take place in Belgium during the winter?" (Review of 'Battle of the Bulge'.)

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted October 24, 2016 10:32 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This was a great one!

There were highlights all the way from Aliens shaking the ground in Wildwood Friday, through Gary Crawford's on-stage musical performance Saturday Night to pretty decent French toast at Sunday breakfast!

-but I'm not giving away details: just setting up expectations for Claus' photo essay!

(It's all about showmanship!)

In the meantime, I've renamed this thread. Those still expecting CineSea 14 in one month would find nothing but sea breezes and maybe a few tumbleweeds.

-the Season in Wildwood is very over!

--------------------

Todd N. Tuckey
Film Handler

- posted October 24, 2016 01:37 PM      Profile for Todd N. Tuckey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We had a BALL...will post a link to the video I made when its finished! Todd

--------------------
Todd N. Tuckey

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted October 24, 2016 04:25 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Already planning the next one - Shorty

Guy Taylor, Jr.
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 24, 2016 05:03 PM      Profile for Guy Taylor, Jr.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Had a great time. I don't know who will be the last one to get home but I am betting on me. Not sure when Jason was flying to Narita Airport but at this moment I am sitting in a British Pub in Lancaster, Pennsylvania taking my own sweet time getting home. I will post when I get there.

Best regards my friends.

--------------------
Guy Taylor

Jason Smith
Master Film Handler

- posted October 25, 2016 02:16 AM      Profile for Jason Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just arrived back home about eight hours ago. I arrived at my local train station at 7:45 am and was able to be at work by 8:30am.

Tonight after work, I`m looking forward to watching some of my newly acquired films!

All times are Central
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC