8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Retro Universal

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Retro Universal
John Vice
Junior

- posted October 23, 2016 12:29 AM      Profile for John Vice   Email John Vice   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Any folks here own one? I placed my order over a month ago, so I'm hoping the time is drawing near on delivery. I haven't asked the manufacturer for an update because I don't want to be "that guy". Any tips/tricks from users? Any caveats or things to be aware of before I get started?

|  IP: Logged

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 23, 2016 11:52 PM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John
I use this extensively on a daily basis, and I find that it is great in many ways. A couple of tips I would say are clean the rollers, especially the stationary, tension rollers after every reel as dirt can impact the smoothness of the transfer. Also play around with the sensor and lamp on different reels before transferring as they will have an impact on your satisfaction, because the sensor is reading the sprockets and having a clear edge or a black edge can require an adjustment to get it to cleanly read all of the frames.

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

John Vice
Junior

- posted October 24, 2016 08:33 PM      Profile for John Vice   Email John Vice   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good info! Are you using the Universal, or the Retro 8?

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC