8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » New Remastered Pinewood/ Derann DVD c/w Extras!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New Remastered Pinewood/ Derann DVD c/w Extras!
Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted October 28, 2016 05:41 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
On behalf of a very well respected one time forum member here, I'd like to share with you all a new DVD that has become available.
Here are his own words on this new exciting product release:

Hello Everyone

I am very pleased to say that the DVD of Derann At Pinewood is now available as a 2 disc special edition, if anyone doesn't know this is a souvenir DVD of the convention that Derann organised at Pinewood Studios in March 1989, we start off with the convention dinner which was held on the Saturday night before the convention on Sunday, Mr Peter Rogers, the producer of the famous Carry On films gives a very interesting talk plus we see scenes from the film show, the convention has the excitement of all the conventions but at the home of British Films, Pinewood studios, we see all the Derann gang, including "uncle" Derek himself plus others from the world of 8mm collecting including Ian from Perry's movies.
Also on the disc is bonus features is Derann At Blackpool, Derann on TV and Derann on DVD.

The second disc comprises of Derann catalogues, newsletter and other interesting material from Derann plus other super 8 catalogues, these are in PDF form and you can print them off to keep and read forever, their is also a free copy of Acrobat Reader software which you will need to view or print the catalogues.

The Derann at Pinewood DVD was originally brought out by Derann on VHS tape and then briefly on DVD, the Simmonds family have agreed to let me bring this out again in a remastered version.

A donation to Cancer Research will be made from each sale of the DVD, this was at the request of the Simmonds Family in memory of Derek Simmonds, and I am only too please to do this.

If you would like a copy of this special 2 disc edition of Derann At Pinewood, the price is £10 plus £2 post and packing you can order this from my online web shop at www.amcs12sales.co.uk or you can phone Barry Attwood at Independent 8 who can take credit/debit card sales over the phone.

I hope that you will be able to support this

Best Regards to you all.

-

-

-

Worth the price for the Derann catalogues included, alone!

Also worthy of note is the fact that each purchase gives a little something towards Cancer research with the blessing of the Simmonds family.
Many thanks to Anne and her family for this gesture and for sanctioning this new release! [Wink]

Something else to note is the fact that this DVD has been completely remastered from any original footage previously seen and therefore is a far superior transfer than any previously encountered, I am assured.

Andrew.

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

|  IP: Logged

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted October 28, 2016 02:28 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It looks interesting!

Is it region 2 or region free?

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted October 30, 2016 12:39 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Steve, sorry for the delay in responding to you pal but I've only just seen your reply.

It is a UK Pal R2 DVD I'm told Steve. It could of course still be copied into a R1 disc by ripping it first on your pc with the appropriate software.DVD Decrypter etc etc,if you do not possess a region free DVD player.

Don't forget everyone, any sale is also a valuable contribution towards Cancer Research here so your support of this venture is a valuable contribution indeed.

This disc is a must for any Derann film fanatic!
Let's get behind this new release everyone.

--------------------

Paul Barker
Master Film Handler

- posted October 30, 2016 12:59 PM      Profile for Paul Barker   Email Paul Barker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
anyone know if there will be any of these to purchase at Blackpool.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted October 30, 2016 01:22 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Given their origins Paul, I wouldn't have thought so but these are easily purchased from the enclosed link or from Barry at Indie8.

--------------------

Paul Barker
Master Film Handler

- posted October 30, 2016 03:18 PM      Profile for Paul Barker   Email Paul Barker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i thought maybe someone would be going with a number of them for sale. would sell quite a few at an event such as this i would think.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted October 30, 2016 03:20 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know if anyone involved in this production would be making the long journey Paul.

I am sure if any are, then they will take some with them to hopefully sell there.

Either way, it's easy enough to buy one if they want one online or on the phone. [Smile] [Wink]

--------------------

Graham Sinden
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 30, 2016 09:10 PM      Profile for Graham Sinden   Email Graham Sinden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just to inform you there was none for sale at the BFCC. As Andrew says its easy buying them from the website or from barry. And the website takes paypal.

Graham s

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted October 30, 2016 11:43 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Andrew are you sure its Region 2? as all the Keith Wilton disc's plus other local made productions I bought through Derann over the years were all Region free.

Cant see the point or the cost involved to restrict it, as its just a small budget production with limited sales, after all its not a multi-million dollar blockbuster [Smile]

It would just need to be NTSC for the States [Smile]

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 31, 2016 03:58 AM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Though a lot of serious collectors in the States have full multi-region DVD or Blu-ray machines which will convert so they can watch.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted October 31, 2016 04:35 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
I will check again Graham whether or not this disc is a region 2 disc with the distributor but I'm almost certain it is from what was said to me.

As said, in this day and age, it ought not cause too much inconvenience here wherever these finish up around the world.
Any PC will play it and rip it if you'd like the DVD copy of it.
A rip will produce the exact same quality as the original in whichever format you desire.

Most modern PCs nowadays have for some time, featured HDMI sockets incorporated into their input/ output sockets.
This will allow the disc to be replayed through your television or digital projector directly as an alternative method.

Update:

Apologies everyone, I have just been reliably informed that the disc is in fact region free PAL in format, just like the others apparently were.

This means if you were able to play all the other BFCC discs on your players, then you will this one also.

Also for the benefit of Paul, who was asking earlier if any will be made available for the Blackpool event, then I have been informed that the organizer will be contacted to see if he wishes for some stock of this DVD to be shipped to him on a sale or return basis prior to the Blackpool event taking place this year.
This is something that hopefully will confirmed, one way or another by the producer's of this DVD or the event organizer themselves.

Hope this update now helps here everyone. [Smile]
Apologies for my misunderstanding and any inconvenience caused

--------------------

Peter Scott
Film Handler

- posted October 31, 2016 08:32 AM      Profile for Peter Scott     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I do know that it is region free and its in PAL.
So I believe that the organiser of Ealing was approached to see if they could be sold their but it was declined plus as well the organiser of the Blackpool Convention has been contacted to ask if they would be able to sell the DVD's their but the last that I heard their had been no reply from the organiser of the Blackpool Convention.
You can get them online at www.amcs12sales.co.uk or by phoning Independent 8 on 01992 652792

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC