8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » CineSea 14 Film Convention-Watch YouTube Video!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: CineSea 14 Film Convention-Watch YouTube Video!!
Todd N. Tuckey
Film Handler

- posted November 22, 2016 10:28 AM      Profile for Todd N. Tuckey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
LOOK at the fun you missed! An hour of 8mm, 16mm, and 35mm fans and films and food...and even the boardwalk! Watch and enjoy...then join us in April 2017! Todd Tuckey
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89qbDOqSjHM

--------------------
Todd N. Tuckey

|  IP: Logged

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted November 22, 2016 11:32 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Todd, this was just wonderful!!!

It makes me SO WISH that we had the money to just pack up and come down there to this wonderful, magical event! You did a great job as the host of this video!

The other neat thing was that i was able to see a few people that I have corresponded with for years, but never met nor ever seen until now.

Many thanks, good man (and good wife behind that camera!)

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Todd N. Tuckey
Film Handler

- posted November 22, 2016 05:38 PM      Profile for Todd N. Tuckey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So glad you enjoyed it!! Its always good to put a face to a name too! What a great time we had!! Tammy (my daughter) and I love going here! We have a Facebook group you should join too! Also have other film conventions up on YouTube...the now defunct Syracuse CINEFEST (the last 2 years), and the Western New York FIlm Show...just do a search on YouTube for them!

[ November 29, 2016, 08:35 PM: Message edited by: Todd N. Tuckey ]

--------------------
Todd N. Tuckey

Clyde Miles
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 22, 2016 05:59 PM      Profile for Clyde Miles     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
todd i have viewed many of your vids, brilliant wish i could attend

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted November 22, 2016 07:58 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The best hour I have spent this week! Thanks Todd and Tammy for bringing CineSea to those of us who could not be there. [Smile]

[ November 23, 2016, 03:41 PM: Message edited by: Paul Adsett ]

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted November 22, 2016 08:23 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Todd provides us a valuable service: nothing will ever get stolen at CineSea because we are now under 24 hour video surveillance!

Don't have a goofy haircut or spill coffee on your shirt, don't flub your lines: you're on Candid Camera!

Last time I woke up upstairs around 3AM: nature had called. I blundered out to the bathroom and spied a pulsating red LED between me and the bathroom door. I said "For God's sake, Todd!", and I snapped on the light:

-just a smoke detector! [Wink]

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Mathew James
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 22, 2016 10:16 PM      Profile for Mathew James   Email Mathew James   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This was incredible to watch. My wife and I just watched this, like a Friday evening movie! Had KFC instead of popcorn [Smile] Hey, it was in the fridge...Fantastic coverage for those of us who couldn't go, as mentioned above. I love the greenscreened parts you add in todd, funny as anything. Your knowledge of what you are filming comes across as well which is appreciated.
This was great fun!

--------------------
--
Cheers,
Matt 📽

Bill Brandenstein
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 22, 2016 11:21 PM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Glad the presumably offending pie was delicious, Todd! [Smile]

Thanks for doing this. Wish it weren't so far away.

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted November 22, 2016 11:46 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Todd

That was brilliant, even your green screening in Aliens [Smile]

Good story above Steve, of going to the bathroom... [Smile]

[Smile]

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted November 23, 2016 06:42 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Glad you enjoyed it, Graham!

-after all, who among us doesn't want just a little George Orwell in our lives? [Wink]

(of course...I don't!)

--------------------

Alan Gouger
Master Film Handler

- posted November 23, 2016 08:50 AM      Profile for Alan Gouger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Appreciate the video's Todd, next best thing to being there, thank you!
Looks like everyone had a blast.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted November 23, 2016 11:36 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My favorite high-light?

"They come out at night ... mostly."

Anybody who's watched it will KNOW what I'm talking about!)

That just made me do a double take. Very funny!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

David Hardy
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 23, 2016 02:38 PM      Profile for David Hardy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for sharing that Todd.

It was great to see what you guys get up to at your film
conventions across the pond.
I liked it all and really enjoyed seeing that 16mm RCA Arc
Projector.

I also really enjoyed the clips form the Crimson Ghost serial.
[Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

--------------------
" My equipment's more important than your rats. "

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted November 23, 2016 03:45 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think Todd and Jason are a little off in their flight time estimate from Japan to New York. Flight time should be about 14 hours, and Jason's total trip time was probably a lot more than that. Anyway, accolades to Jason for coming that far. [Eek!]

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Todd N. Tuckey
Film Handler

- posted November 23, 2016 07:01 PM      Profile for Todd N. Tuckey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks to everyone that responded and enjoyed the video...it was fun making it...even though it probably annoyed some folks along the way...but its a great memory of the convention for everyone! Make sure you check out the New York film show in September---my OTHER daughter and I went...and had a blast too! Its a true feature film length of 90 minutes--
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPqYQ-abcTM&t=3506s

And of course the last two Syracuse New York Film Shows of all time...
Cinefest 34 at 50 minutes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alPip7W0jk0
and Cinefest 35 (and final) at just over an hour:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wGKgtoAEkA

--------------------
Todd N. Tuckey

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted November 23, 2016 09:25 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
...even though it probably annoyed some folks along the way
I don't speak for everyone, but I was less annoyed this time than the last time. [Wink]

--------------------

Douglas Meltzer

- posted November 23, 2016 10:32 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Todd,

Thanks so much for all your hard work. I remember being told early on that if the cameraperson/filmmaker isn't annoying his subjects, the job is not being done properly!

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted November 23, 2016 10:57 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
-mission accomplished!

--------------------

Douglas Meltzer

- posted November 24, 2016 03:54 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Todd,

Scrolling through your YouTube channel, I just watched your college film project. It's lovely!

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Patrick Walsh
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 24, 2016 04:19 AM      Profile for Patrick Walsh   Email Patrick Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great video/s! Hopefully I will be over next year to attend!

--------------------
"Raise The Titanic!", It would of been cheaper to lower the Atlantic!

Mathew James
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 24, 2016 08:12 AM      Profile for Mathew James   Email Mathew James   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We watched the New York convention/trip to Niagara. I want to go that one next August, it is so close...That was really cool. That zip line is brand new so it is great to see the footage from US side of them zipping...I noticed you and terry did NOT go one the zipline, chickens or wisdom [Smile] Do they even allow videoing i wonder? btw- I am disappointed in that arcade. Cool old games but, Not ONE pinball- arghhhh. We were in there about a year ago and i said the same thing then.
Your videos make me laugh throughout. Really enjoyable. Watching more later tonight...

--------------------
--
Cheers,
Matt 📽

Todd N. Tuckey
Film Handler

- posted November 29, 2016 01:30 PM      Profile for Todd N. Tuckey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We were both going to do the ZipLine...but the line was huge...I actually show it in the video why we didn;t do it....was sold out! I figure you could wear a "go=Pro" while doing the zip line! That arcade did have two pinball machines but both were broken...and I didn;t use that footage...I try not to show problems if possible, just the positive stuff!

[ November 29, 2016, 08:41 PM: Message edited by: Todd N. Tuckey ]

--------------------
Todd N. Tuckey

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC