8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » GS1200 sync cable

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: GS1200 sync cable
Tom Dee
Film Handler

- posted November 25, 2016 10:04 PM      Profile for Tom Dee   Email Tom Dee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am looking for a sync cable for the GS1200 that will work with my PC, the jack on the PC is a 3.5mm I would not know where to begin to try and find one of these cables...thought maybe a member on here would be able to make 1 up. Any help on this would be appreciated.

Thanks
Tom

|  IP: Logged

Evan Samaras
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 25, 2016 10:47 PM      Profile for Evan Samaras   Author's Homepage   Email Evan Samaras   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Tom, I ended up splicing mine together. If you can find the parts you need it actually pretty easy. Probably not very helpful, but I'm fairly sure the cable you need is not sold as needed

--------------------
...When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the Earth...

Tom Dee
Film Handler

- posted November 25, 2016 11:40 PM      Profile for Tom Dee   Email Tom Dee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the tip Evan, what did you use to splice together? any suggestions on where to find the parts.

Thanks

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted November 26, 2016 04:29 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tom
Where does this cable plug into the GS-1200, and what type of plug/socket is used?

--------------------
Maurice

Paul Browning
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 26, 2016 05:04 AM      Profile for Paul Browning   Email Paul Browning   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Tom, the pulse sync cable socket is marked "ess" on the back panel of the GS, its a 6 pin din socket. Looking at the socket face on going in a clockwise direction count 4 pins, pin 4 is sync in, count one more pin to 5 this is earth, these are the two pins you need to connect from your computer headphone socket which is 3.5mm its stereo though remember. I use audacity to create a 25 htz square wave pulse which locks the elmo in sync, now it depends what you want to do with this.

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted November 26, 2016 10:18 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks to Paul for the information on the sync lead. The appropriate Elmo lead is PC-001, called a Pulse Projection Cord.

However, the lead (cord) will have 6-pin DIN plugs on each end, therefore, as mentioned above one of the plugs will have to be removed to connect the 3.5mm jack plug to it.

If you cannot locate the above lead, here is a link to show the plug that you need to which you can add your own wire.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/390970151360?lpid=122&chn=ps&adgroupid=39159866351&rlsatarget=pla-268911530618&adtype=pla&poi=&googleloc=9045634&device=c&campaignid=698622927&crdt=0

--------------------
Maurice

Tom Dee
Film Handler

- posted November 26, 2016 08:52 PM      Profile for Tom Dee   Email Tom Dee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks guys for all the great info on this matter

Tom

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC