8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » 2x 400' (or even 1x 400') Better than their full length versions? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: 2x 400' (or even 1x 400') Better than their full length versions?
Melvin England
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 05, 2016 04:07 PM      Profile for Melvin England     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Michael - On reflection, my previous remark may be a little too presumptuous. I overlooked the fact that many collectors may be content to just collect the short subject reels, Look At Life, Pathe News Review, cartoons, trailers etc. and have no real desire to purchase "The Best Bits of....." cut-downs of longer features.
At least those people are getting the entire footage from the subject matter,which is to be commended.
I suppose this is an example of this wonderful forum, and its ability to open ones eyes through the magic of discussion.Broadening horizons and seeing things from a different angle and another persons approach to our wonderful hobby.

Mike - I agree with your comments regarding the later Universal 2x 400'releases. What on earth possessed them to release these "virtually never heard of" films when there were other classic ones deserving their attention?

--------------------
"My name is for my friends!"

|  IP: Logged

Joseph Randall
Master Film Handler

- posted December 05, 2016 07:03 PM      Profile for Joseph Randall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Also agree that Smokey and the bandit is one of the best 2 x 400ft films. Hard to get one with any decent colour left now. [Wink]
The color has held up quite well on all my Universal 8 2x400' digests.

Paul Suchy
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 05, 2016 08:15 PM      Profile for Paul Suchy   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Suchy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You couldn't give me a full length print of Earthquake, but we watch the digest often. The last of the Universal 8 double digests were trying to offer the latest movies on super 8; unfortunately, at that point in time, Universal didn't release alot of good movies. Coal Miner's Daughter was one of the better releases in that last batch. I don't care for Raiders of the Lost Ark, but the digest is an easy sit. So I guess we tend to enjoy digests of movies we sort of like.

--------------------
Paul Suchy

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC