8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Help please: Goko RM8008 problem

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Help please: Goko RM8008 problem
Stuart Reid
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 15, 2016 12:28 PM      Profile for Stuart Reid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Chaps, just checked my RM8008 as it's been stored for a few months. I noticed the audio wasn't working, but if I press down on the top of the head assembly and let go the audio works again. Guess the heads aren't contacting the stripe unless they're helped into position? Any idea what needs adjusting?

|  IP: Logged

Rob Young.
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 15, 2016 02:57 PM      Profile for Rob Young.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

[ December 16, 2016, 04:14 AM: Message edited by: Rob Young. ]

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted December 15, 2016 03:05 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
I have no idea at all on this one sadly Stuart.
Ive had mine so far around two years or more now but have never experienced one single hassle of any kind from it yet, im pleased to say.

Ive never done anything at all to it yet other than a routine lamp change and extensive operator side deep clean.

Ive found the loading mechsnism for the head assembly to be completely reliable so far.

I hope more who have had issues can offer up some good suggestions for you though with this one Stuart. [Wink]

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Paul Browning
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 15, 2016 05:38 PM      Profile for Paul Browning   Email Paul Browning   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The heads are engaged in the pause position Stuart just checked mine, so check if yours do that first, plus there are head pressers coming down on both sides, worth checking these are not missing some springs or completely missing altogether.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted December 16, 2016 05:22 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Sent you a new PM Stuart. [Wink]

--------------------

Luke Hopkinson
Junior

- posted December 19, 2016 04:34 PM      Profile for Luke Hopkinson   Author's Homepage   Email Luke Hopkinson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have 2 of these and both have problems. 1 when I rec. both track have lots of Wow and flutter (on playback). The other machine (just got a month ago) track 1 works fine (main) but the balance track has wow on playback. Anyone know how to fix this ?

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted December 19, 2016 04:56 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Just on these Luke, much depends on factors such as Capstan rubber idler wear and concentricity, pressure onto the steel capstan roller, film lubricant type and how much applied, take up tension etc etc where wow is concerned.

Get the right pressure applied to the capstan, check the steel capstan roller itself is running at constant speed and do make sure the take up tension from the drive belt from the same source as the capstan steel roller, isn't pulling on the film in any way.
When these work as they should, there should JUST be sufficient tension to wind the last loops from a full 800ft of film.

Any more than this, the film is being dragged through the capstan in the earlier stages of take up.

Most likely though to be over lubricated film or an issue with the rubber roller, either for pressure applied to the steel capstan roller or wear, grease etc on the actual rubber roller surface.

After checking for wear and concentricity, try cleaning the rubber roller by degreasing it gently with a solvent solution.

--------------------

Luke Hopkinson
Junior

- posted December 19, 2016 06:02 PM      Profile for Luke Hopkinson   Author's Homepage   Email Luke Hopkinson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll check some of the things you mentioned. I have not had the time to take a real close look at it. I think it has to do with the pressure on the film balance track to the record head. Also the film has not been cleaned, I just used A 50ft striped sample. To make sure the strip was ok I recorded A few feet in my Elmo projector and it played back fine (balance track) Anyway thanks for the help I try to do some more testing in a few days. Just too busy right now with Christmas coming up, Thanks

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted December 19, 2016 07:54 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
We all are Luke, but good luck for the New Year, and the good news is these editors are not too mechanically challenging, not by any means, and your issues all sound mechanically related to my ears at least.

So best of luck with them both.

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC