8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Just counted all my Laurel & Hardy's (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Just counted all my Laurel & Hardy's
Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 29, 2016 05:43 PM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't like to boast but,well,with the exception of Pack Up Your Troubles, I do have all their Roach starring shorts and features,plus Flying Deuces, Nothing But Trouble, Atoll K, Pick A Star plus the early appearances Lucky Dog, 45 Minutes from Hollywood, Love 'em and Weep, Call of the Cuckoos ,the cameo On the Wrong Trek and the Americom two reel excerpts from the Dancing Masters The Big Noise plus the shorts Mike and Shorty referred to. Plus Zenobia I admit I didn't know about The Big Noise and The Fighting Kentuckian features or the Rogue Song excerpt available in 8mm.

|  IP: Logged

Joseph Randall
Master Film Handler

- posted December 29, 2016 06:52 PM      Profile for Joseph Randall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Of the post-1940 movies, I only have a one-reel extract from THE DANCING MASTERS called HOUSE GUESTS.

Pre-1940, I'm missing:
LUCKY DOG
45 MINUTES FROM HOLLYWOOD
NOW I'LL TELL ONE
DUCK SOUP
WHY GIRLS LOVE SAILORS
HATS OFF
HOLLYWOOD REVIEW OF 1929
THE ROGUE SONG
ON THE LOOSE
HOLLYWOOD PARTY
BONNIE SCOTLAND (but I do have 3 extracts-- IN A MESS, THE ROOKIES, BANG BANG!)
PICK A STAR (but I do have A DAY AT THE STUDIO)

I also have the color film that shows them together for the last time on film, and a newsreel from one of their 1940's tours.

Mike Newell
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 30, 2016 10:53 AM      Profile for Mike Newell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Boys also feature in Robert Youngson Golden age of Comedy I think there were two versions 4x400 plus 5x400. Print was variable from reel to reel a little soft in places.

Panayotis I take it you have the operetta movies Bohemian Girl , Fra Diavolo and Babes in Toyland. I have seen the first two and they great prints with nice sequences the music elements are just not my taste. Babes in Toyland I believe was abridged and from different sources but not as good as other two in terms of print.

Melvin England
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 30, 2016 11:25 AM      Profile for Melvin England     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Just counted all my Laurel & Hardy's"

Let us never forget..... there is only ONE Laurel & Hardy !!!!

--------------------
"My name is for my friends!"

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted December 30, 2016 11:27 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
BATTLE (the quasi-restored version), was released through Blackhawk in 1981 for the whopping price of $41.35 (shippng included) - It runs about 325', much intro, nice score and the long-awaited boxing sequence and subsequent ending - Lou Costello is in the audience as an extra - A 16mm was found earlier this year and is as complete as we're going to get - Let's wait to see if it'll turn up on disc for us - Joe, DUCK SOUP and WHY GIRLS can be had on tape or disc well enough, a print might be hard, though not impossible (16mm of course) - Pan, yes, a 3-minute clip of ROGUE (Though mine is on the dark), having them go into a cave where a bear is - Sorry there is no accompanying soundtrack to it - Just needed it to fill in the gap, so to speak - I can boast a bit myself that I have all the extant Super 8/Std 8 available on The Boys, that is prime and interesting - HATS will most likely be found in a foreign archive, though a chance a truncated print might still show up around here - Cheers all, Shorty

Mike Newell
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 30, 2016 12:30 PM      Profile for Mike Newell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No doubt Hats Off will be found for the Blu Ray releases or just after if they want to milk us again.

They are powerful slow in releasing L&H on Blu Ray a few discs here or there but no boxed set. I think I paid close to £100 for 21 DVD set which you now can get for less than £20. I also hope they do the titles chronologically as opposed to by theme.

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC