8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Castle of Frankenstein 8mm film reviews

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Castle of Frankenstein 8mm film reviews
David Coppola
Film Handler

- posted January 09, 2017 09:16 AM      Profile for David Coppola     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was going through a couple of old issues from the late 60s/early 70s and found that they offered reviews on 8mm releases.
Kinda cool. Anyone remember them?

|  IP: Logged

David Hardy
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 09, 2017 03:39 PM      Profile for David Hardy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I still have all my "original" "Castle Of Frankenstein " horror
magazines I bought when I was a still kid in the 1960s.

A brilliant magazine and a much more mature read than my "Famous Monsters Of Filmland"'s I still have along with others titles.

I am a hoarder as well as a collector.

[Smile]

--------------------
" My equipment's more important than your rats. "

Joe Vannicola
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 09, 2017 06:00 PM      Profile for Joe Vannicola   Email Joe Vannicola   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Back in the seventies, someone I met at The Famous Monsters Convention in new York City told me that he ordered a super8 print of the 1925 version of The Phantom Of The Opera from Castle Of Frankenstein. After waiting for months it never came, so he found Calvin Becks phone number and ended up talking to Becks mother. her reply was, " I was going to mail it out today but it's raining and I can't get to the mailbox." Well, eventually the print arrived and he said it was a terrible dupe of the film. I don't remember if he asked for his money back. Calvin Beck,from what I've heard about the man, wasn't very ethical.

--------------------
Joe

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC