8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Help needed from ALL forum members (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Help needed from ALL forum members
Del Phillipson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 23, 2017 05:26 AM      Profile for Del Phillipson   Email Del Phillipson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I do hope so Mark.

|  IP: Logged

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted January 23, 2017 07:56 AM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good to hear of a positive result. If you make the splices practically invisible, you'll hopefully end up with a good value buy that's some compensation for the needless stress.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Del Phillipson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 23, 2017 10:02 AM      Profile for Del Phillipson   Email Del Phillipson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Adrian, I have a CIR so will get to work at some point this week, probably needs another clean so will do that before resplicing as they don't like Filmguard. My only wish would have been the seller could have done this last week and put me out of my misery with it, instead he dragged it on and on hoping I would just go away and drop the case, but I'm sure I'll do something with it.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted January 23, 2017 10:13 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Personally Del, I'd filmguard the print after resplicing it all again.

C.I.R. tape, as you know, is far stronger than the old 4 frame Agfa tapes etc.

I have never had an issue with Jackro tape coming apart even after using filmguard now several times over a join.

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Evan Samaras
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 23, 2017 10:21 AM      Profile for Evan Samaras   Author's Homepage   Email Evan Samaras   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Del, I think I know the seller you speak of. I had an issue with him selling me a Marketing Warriors that he stated had excellent color. It was TOTALLY faded. He promised to find me a replacement. Day 29 came and I had to file a claim. He kept trying to hold me off, or telling me to close the case so we could resolve the matter. Tricky, tricky person.

It finally ended with me getting my money back and keeping the print. He didn't want to pay for its return, as he knew it wasn't worth it.

I hope you are happy with your result! Do you mind sharing the seller's information? Maybe it is someone we need to keep in mind before purchasing from in the future.

--------------------
...When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the Earth...

Del Phillipson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 23, 2017 03:25 PM      Profile for Del Phillipson   Email Del Phillipson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have sent you a PM Evan.

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted January 23, 2017 03:46 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dell that is great news. Glad the seller came to his senses. That makes the price a fair one for that title and with very good splices it should be fine. [Wink]

Del Phillipson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 23, 2017 03:49 PM      Profile for Del Phillipson   Email Del Phillipson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Tom, it's been a very trying week, don't think I want to do it again.

It seems others on the forum have also been stung by the same seller, maybe it's time to out him once and for all.

Terry Sills
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 23, 2017 04:00 PM      Profile for Terry Sills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mike
I go back to my point about the title. If Del has settled on a 50% refund I would guess that it is a title that he was keen to get (He still hasn't mentioned it). Of course the title is important. If it is rare then most collectors will settle for less than best condition and while the number of splices mentioned is unacceptable and does not conform to the description it is obviously acceptable at a reduced price.
So despite your little rant - point proved methinks.

Del Phillipson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 23, 2017 04:05 PM      Profile for Del Phillipson   Email Del Phillipson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Terry the seller is from Argentina so it's easy enough to work out who he is, Evan has also had a run in with this guy. I recently sold my other copy when I decided to buy this one, but it's better than not having a copy and I'm sure I can do something with it.

[ January 24, 2017, 10:52 AM: Message edited by: Del Phillipson ]

Terry Sills
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 23, 2017 04:30 PM      Profile for Terry Sills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for that info Del but I do not understand the reticence of naming the seller. If it was me I would put it on here in capital letters. What is there to be afraid of? We need to know these bad sellers.

Mike Newell
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 23, 2017 05:26 PM      Profile for Mike Newell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Terry

If Del is content with the deal I am happy for him. Personally, I would have held out for full refund and I think a lot of collectors would have done the same. Depending on the film and the extent of the problem will decide whether you can live with the problem.

I think it is unfair that the seller advertised it as excellent when it was obviously a botched diy recording job by someone and it is unfortunate that there are other similar films doing the rounds.

Evan Samaras
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 23, 2017 06:00 PM      Profile for Evan Samaras   Author's Homepage   Email Evan Samaras   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mike,

He did something similar to me with the Warriors print I described. Only, mine didn't have splices. He advertised, and confirmed through message, that the color was excellent. It was totally faded. When I sent screen shots back to him, he had nothing to say, except that he would find me a replacement print. Minimal response on his end, so on Day 29 I filed a claim. Only then did I get his attention, and all of my money back. I held out for the full refund, but a faded print vs a Derann print are different leagues.

--------------------
...When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the Earth...

Del Phillipson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 24, 2017 04:17 AM      Profile for Del Phillipson   Email Del Phillipson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Terry, Mike, this is my take on this. I was absolutely gutted when I first cleaned the print getting it ready for viewing and at that point just wanted to send it back, however the seller was adamant I couldn't send it back, so the clock ticked with my claim with ebay, this guy knows exactly what he was doing and after speaking to Evan via PM I now now he definitely has done this before. I knew the guy couldn't be trusted and was now fearful of actually sending it back to him, I was expecting the old "I hadn't sent him the same print, or I sent him a completely different film back" and then having to deal with the grief from all that and that was at the back of my mind. When he offered me a partial refund on the last day, I didn't deem this acceptable and so countered with what I thought reasonable, when he accepted this I was more relieved that it was finally over and at the end of the day I got a fair print at a fair price, I could have held out and took it to ebay but that could have been a lottery, sometimes you just have to be grateful for small mercies.

The seller is dany11881 and I would avoid him like the plague.

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted January 24, 2017 04:37 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here are the current listings from danny11881. Buy at your peril.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/Film-Stock/63821/m.html?_ipg=50&_sop=12&_ssn=dany11881&_sac=1

--------------------
Maurice

Del Phillipson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 24, 2017 05:28 AM      Profile for Del Phillipson   Email Del Phillipson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He's a seasoned seller I'll say that, would love to know if anyone else other than me and Evan have had any contact with the guy.

All times are Central
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC