8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Super 8 Jesus Christ Superstar 400ft

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Super 8 Jesus Christ Superstar 400ft
Clinton Hunt
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 26, 2017 10:27 PM      Profile for Clinton Hunt   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all,
I recently won on a NZ auction site Jesus Christ Superstar 400ft colour and sound.
It's brilliant,it has the full version of the title track and 2 other songs before that.
Is this the only version released or is there another one to look out for that has the songs "I don't know how to love him" or "Everything's alright" ?

--------------------
Cheers from me in New Zealand :-)

|  IP: Logged

Fabrizio Mosca
Master Film Handler

- posted January 27, 2017 01:45 AM      Profile for Fabrizio Mosca   Email Fabrizio Mosca   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Clinton,
In Italy it was released as a "full" feature in super8 but...
1) it was completely red already 15 years ago
2) scope is cropped but the print is not pan & scan
3) there was at least one cut with missing seconds on each song

Definetly the worst print I've ever seen!

Clinton Hunt
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 27, 2017 02:15 AM      Profile for Clinton Hunt   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fabriziro,I guess I should be happy with the print I have,still has nice colours.

--------------------

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 27, 2017 03:34 AM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There was also a 100ft release, not a trailer but a single song. I think it was the title song but will have to look up reviews to check.

Carter Bradley
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 27, 2017 12:14 PM      Profile for Carter Bradley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes Brian, the 100' version was part of Universal 8's Great Scenes Series, and "Jesus Christ Superstar" featured the title production number. It ran 4:41 minutes. I have found though that these 100' reels are notorious for turning red, except for the shower scene from "Psycho," the edited version of A&C's "Who's On First?" routine, and the creation of the "Bride of Frankenstein" which were in black and white lol!

Nigel Higgins
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 27, 2017 12:21 PM      Profile for Nigel Higgins     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yes i have a copy of that 100ft and its turned red a real shame.

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted January 27, 2017 01:01 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like you got a winner there Clinton, especially if the colours are good, wouldn't mind this one myself if i could also find one with good colours. [Wink]

Clinton Hunt
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 27, 2017 03:45 PM      Profile for Clinton Hunt   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here are some photos of my print.It's much better than these as the red tinge is hardly noticable.
 -
 -
 -
 -

And here is the title song from my Super 8mm projection...

https://www.facebook.com/clinton.hunt/videos/10154268981187742/

--------------------

Brad Kimball
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 27, 2017 07:57 PM      Profile for Brad Kimball   Email Brad Kimball   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a print on Super 8 that I got from Doc Doug Meltzer ( PHD in Cinemaphilia) a few years ago that has gone red. When I finally graduated to 16mm I was lucky enough to win one on Ebay, but it also has turned. I still watch them. I always thought Universal's editor showed some care when whittling this down to 17 minutes. Perhaps it was out of respect for the subject matter. Great show - Great movie - Great digest!

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted January 28, 2017 04:11 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There's also a theatrical trailer that's hard to find. I got one from Derann although I have a feeling it was from a negative they obtained from another company, but one that they produced very few prints of. I reluctantly sold mine because to be honest I didn't think the trailer did justice to the film!

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 28, 2017 06:09 PM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have the trailer masked for widescreen, mine was from Thunderbirds Films via Regent Films in Blackpool.

--------------------
I love the smell of film in the morning.

http://www.thereelimage.co.uk/

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC