8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » EUMIG Mark S 810 HQS Claw Pin

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: EUMIG Mark S 810 HQS Claw Pin
Frank DeCaro
Junior

- posted January 29, 2017 07:44 PM      Profile for Frank DeCaro   Email Frank DeCaro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi All!

I'm new to this awesome forum and thank you in advance for your professional insight! I've been collecting 8mm films and projectors for years and recently scored a very nice Eumig Mark S 810 High Quality Sound projector.

It needed the usual overhaul of the twin rubber wheel drive mechanism which I easily solved using Rawn Regrip and a mild scrub pad.

But my sound films were jittery and one of my films was literally snapped in half during operation. Upon further inspection, I noticed the bottom claw pin is missing.

Realizing this is the 810 and not 810D, there should be two pins on the claw for Super 8.

Was wondering if anyone out in the Forum can replace the claw or are the claws non-existant due to the age of this unit? Would I be better off shelving the Eumig as I don't want to ruin my film collection.

I have several like new high end Chinons-7800 & 9000 and a fantastic Minolta Sound 7000 that is also like new, so I'm not at a total loss if the Eumig isn't salvageable.

Thanks for your feedback! [Smile]

|  IP: Logged

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted January 30, 2017 07:53 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As far as i know these are single claw pin projectors. Not double clawed. [Wink]

Ken Finch
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 02, 2017 11:07 AM      Profile for Ken Finch   Email Ken Finch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Frank. I think Tom is correct, only 1 pin. Sounds as if the film snapped because the lower loop was lost from your mention of the jittery film. This will happen if a sprocket hole on the film is damaged or blocked by a poor join. Pressing the loop restorer as soon as it starts to jitter and all should be well. You also have to hold the loop restorer down on these machines whilst threading up, unlike many other auto threading projectors. Ken Finch.

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted February 02, 2017 11:44 AM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My Eumig 802 has 2 pins on the claw, as does my S820 Sonomatic. I thought that only the dual guage models had to use a single pin.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

John Last
Expert Film Handler

- posted February 06, 2017 05:36 AM      Profile for John Last   Email John Last       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul. I have just checked my 802D and it has one claw.I do not know if there was a projector 802 just for one gauge. However, on the claw holder there is space for two claws. Keep the hobby going!

James Wilson
Expert Film Handler

- posted February 06, 2017 05:56 AM      Profile for James Wilson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,
I have an 807D only one claw.
Hope that helps.

--------------------
James Wilson

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted February 06, 2017 09:21 AM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like Frank's S810 has in fact lost a pin. Only the D models have a single pin.

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted February 06, 2017 11:39 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul, could your machine have had an upgrade claw or claw and shutter at any time?
The 800 series ,(i thought), were standard 1 pin claws. All ours are including the 822 sonomatic. [Wink]

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted February 06, 2017 11:58 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My Bolex SP-80 Special is just a Eumig 800 series operating in disguise.

-Super-8 Only, and a single-pin claw too.

My best guess is it got broken off a long time ago. It does just fine without it and it will stay that way until the day it meets a film with a torn sprocket hole.

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted February 06, 2017 04:52 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tom, both my S802 and my S820 Sonomatic were purchased new from 47th St Photo in New York City. As already stated they both have the double claw pins. My S824D has the single claw pin, as you would expect.
The fact that your super 8 only 800 Eumig's have only a single claw pin suggests that Eumig marketed slightly different versions of the 800's to Europe and North America, although why they would mess around with claw pins is beyond me.

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted February 07, 2017 06:46 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Certainly sounds that way, have to say a two pin claw would be a whole lot better.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted February 07, 2017 06:52 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Always!

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC