8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Lomo Luch 2 Projector Manual

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Lomo Luch 2 Projector Manual
Graham Hillary
Film Handler

- posted February 01, 2017 12:51 PM      Profile for Graham Hillary   Email Graham Hillary   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good evening all. I am now the proud owner of a Russian Omo Luch 2 Agricultural projector (I say that as it is as noisy as and has the construction of something that could have come from a tractor factory), probably from the sixties? Could anyone possibly assist me with a copy of a manual or the whereabouts of one. Apologies if the question of manuals has been raised before, I'm a newbie, just blame me [Smile]
Thanks
Graham

--------------------
"You need to get out more,there's more to life than model trains" they said!
Here I am. They still aren't happy.

|  IP: Logged

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted February 01, 2017 01:59 PM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Graham
I can recommend Oldtimer Cameras for paper manuals.
http://www.oldtimercameras.com/manuals/camera-manual-russian-cameras-luch-2-10611.asp

--------------------
Maurice

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted February 01, 2017 02:08 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
-Ah! Reminds me of the days of my youth!

(If I could have met a girl down there I might still be at it!)

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Graham Hillary
Film Handler

- posted February 01, 2017 03:34 PM      Profile for Graham Hillary   Email Graham Hillary   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maurice, thanks very much for the link, if all else (cheaper) fails, I will place an order

Steve, thanks for the snapshot of your past.... trains..girls..trains..girls..trains..girls.. tough choice, but the answer is obvious [Smile]

Thanks

--------------------

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted February 01, 2017 03:43 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When I found a girl that at least tolerated trains, then I knew!

We had a New Years Eve party at her parents' house that first year: LGB running all over their rec. room.

-after that her Dad loved me too!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Clinton Hunt
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 01, 2017 03:44 PM      Profile for Clinton Hunt   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I also have this projector Graham Hillary , well 2 actually but the 1st I go had no motor and other pieces missing from it,then last year I came across another one here in New Zealand that needed a lamp and some cosmetic pieces.So 2 became 1 and now I have a working projector.
I really is a solid piece of equipment and industrial looking [Smile]
Unfortunately I don't have a manual either but it's so simple to use.
I will watch this post and see how you get on [Smile]

--------------------
Cheers from me in New Zealand :-)

Graham Hillary
Film Handler

- posted February 01, 2017 05:04 PM      Profile for Graham Hillary   Email Graham Hillary   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Clinton, thanks for your story and advice. I will be spending more time trying to get this up and running over the next few days, and good to know you have an operational machine, as soon as I have a problem, I will give Technical Support (You) a shout [Smile]
Many thanks
Graham

--------------------

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 02, 2017 03:39 AM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Of course if you need film and model trains Phil at CHC sells both :-)

Clinton Hunt
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 04, 2017 04:13 PM      Profile for Clinton Hunt   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If yours is the same as mine then the V above omo is actually an L ... go to my thread and I think yours looks like mine?

http://8mmforum.film-tech.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=010167#000000

--------------------

Graham Hillary
Film Handler

- posted February 05, 2017 04:01 AM      Profile for Graham Hillary   Email Graham Hillary   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Clinton, LOMO, not OMO, that makes a lot more sense, have we become the Lomo Luch Appreciation Society (English Language Division)? [Smile]
If you are interested in making your second machine operational again, then please let me know what you need, as a founding father of the LLAS(ELD)you have access to our stock of spare parts free of charge. Just let me know, you're welcome
Cheers
Graham

--------------------

Clinton Hunt
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 05, 2017 06:08 PM      Profile for Clinton Hunt   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's very nice of you Graham Hillary.
As soon as I discovered the info about the V being a L then more info was searchable,well not much more but some [Smile]
I doubt there are many of us outside of Russia that have one of these beauties,or in my case 1 & 3/4 [Smile]
I will see what's missing and get back to you.
I was really pleased to get my one working [Smile]

I've just found this video on Youtube , the instructions are useful for beginners but he doesn't sound very interested on his commentary lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ebrWQbYp5c

--------------------

Graham Hillary
Film Handler

- posted February 06, 2017 02:26 PM      Profile for Graham Hillary   Email Graham Hillary   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Clinton, fair play to the guy, he has put his head above the parapet and done something nobody else has done. I think he was building for the big finish. Trying to be nice, he might be a forum member [Smile]

--------------------

Nikolay Kravchenko
Junior

- posted August 23, 2017 02:53 PM      Profile for Nikolay Kravchenko   Email Nikolay Kravchenko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Луч - 2, owner's manual

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC