8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Honeywell Elmo FP-8 Power Cord

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Honeywell Elmo FP-8 Power Cord
Robert Carr
Junior

- posted February 03, 2017 08:10 PM      Profile for Robert Carr   Email Robert Carr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm hoping someone has help or insights...

This past weekend I "adopted" a Honeywell FP-8 at a local estate sale. Every second estate sale in our area has a projector for sale, very rarely any media. This projector cost almost nothing... but did not have a power cord. I would like to see how it runs, but the power cord is some odd four pronged affair. Ideas on how to get up and running would be much appreciated.

Thank you!

--------------------
Bob Carr

|  IP: Logged

Graham Hillary
Film Handler

- posted February 06, 2017 01:42 PM      Profile for Graham Hillary   Email Graham Hillary   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Bob, I will give you the benefit of my very limited experience, and please note I am totally unqualified to offer this advice, but its never stopped me before! I have been in this same situation twice recently, and resolved as follows:

1 - Hard wire the power straight into the projector. If there is no need for a disconnectable power cable, then do away with it.

2 - I have a Chinon 8000 but didn't have the power cable. So removed the existing 240v receptor connector, and replaced it quite easily and tidily with a 240v connector salvaged from a standard legacy computer PSU, and then of course just used the standard "kettle" computer lead to power it.
Just to reiterate, I am totally unqualified to offer electrical advice so please use it at your discretion. First pic is a Chinon 8000 with its original connector. Second pic is the modified one
Hope this helps
Graham

-

-

--------------------
"You need to get out more,there's more to life than model trains" they said!
Here I am. They still aren't happy.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC