8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Bauer T502 Duoplay Automatic

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bauer T502 Duoplay Automatic
Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted February 06, 2017 03:45 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have recently bought a Bauer T502 in a carrying case and instruction book (in German), but the separate film trimmer is missing. The book's illustrations show the film trimmer but does not show what cut it makes.

Can someone please tell me what cut the projector likes? 1) curved end, 2) corners cut at angles, 3) straight across. If the latter, where to cut.

--------------------
Maurice

|  IP: Logged

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted February 06, 2017 03:47 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Dovetailed Maurice, and its important that it is.
Certainly not a beveled edge anyhow like the Elmo cut.

As the cutter cuts the chamfered edges at 45 degrees, the sprocket hole should be half a frame away from the edges of the chamfer.

The Beaulieu models require this same cut to an even greater extent.

I may have an electronic English version of the manual if you'd ever require a copy btw.

You should have a built in cutter on your Beaulieu that is identical in the cut it produces, to the one missing from your Bauer projector btw Maurice.

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted February 06, 2017 04:37 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Many thanks, Andrew, for your help.
With a "posh" projector like the Bauer one would think that the designers would have incorporated a built-in trimmer.
Lose trimmers often never make it to be included in a second-hand sale.

--------------------
Maurice

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted February 06, 2017 05:43 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Agreed Maurice except to say, when new the original trimmer did come with the machine it had an adhesive backing that was supposed to allow the end user to place the trimmer actually onto the machine in their prefered desired location.

I must admit, I too am guilty of not doing this with any of mine as I feel it is detrimental to the appearance of the machine, however, I do always keep mine for each of the machines I have in the accessories pouch within the excellent hard transit carrying case.

--------------------

David Roberts
Master Film Handler

- posted February 06, 2017 05:59 AM      Profile for David Roberts     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maurice,
I have a spare cutter from the 502 which you are welcome to.
if you send me an address,i will post it to you.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted February 06, 2017 06:05 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Top Man. [Smile] [Smile] [Wink]

--------------------

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted February 06, 2017 10:05 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
David
That is a very kind offer. I have sent you a PM.

--------------------
Maurice

David Roberts
Master Film Handler

- posted February 06, 2017 12:16 PM      Profile for David Roberts     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
pm received,will get it off tomorrow.

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted February 10, 2017 06:06 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have received the film cutter, which still has its adhesive backing intact, and thank David for his kind gesture.

The price of the T502 in October 1982 was £315 and the double page Bauer ad in Movie Maker described it as Bauer quality without compromise.

They also said that you didn't have to spend a lot of money to buy a Bauer, but one thing Bauer promised was that the lowest-priced Bauer was built to the same uncompromising quality standard as the most expensive. "When you pay more for a Bauer you pay solely for more performance. Isn't that the way you want it to be?"

The cheapest projector at that time was the silent T23 @ £82. The dearest was the sound T610 @ £630. The latter described as "Not so much a projector, more a mini sound studio".

--------------------
Maurice

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC